More rare brands.

Zhaozhouqiao watches were named for a 1400-year-old stone bridge near Shijiazhuang, the city in which they were made.

They’re difficult to find, and when they’re available for sale it’s usually at an exorbitant price. This Zhaozhouqiao, however, was relatively affordable. It isn’t as clean as AlbertaTime’s beautiful example.

Everything about the watch appears to be historically “correct”, although I’m not sure about the crown. AlbertaTime said the crown on his is accurate, but he didn’t say whether it’s signed or not.

The date code on the ZJS tongji is CB.

ShanJuan brand watches were named for a well-known cave system near Yixing, the city in which they were made and one of many in Jiangsu which had a watch factory.

This is the only ShanJuan I’ve ever seen for sale.

A Shanghai crown, by far the most common replacement crown seen on VCMs. For all I know it might be “correct” with some of these small factory productions, but that could be just wishful thinking.

I have no clue what movement “should” be found in a ShanJuan. The letters ZHQ, the tongji code of Hongqi Watch Factory in Xian, appear under the balance of this one. Unlike all of the other ZHQ movements I’ve seen, it doesn’t have a date code.