Good day, IWL.

Name:  Breguet_Type_31.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  349.7 KB

Name:  Breguet_Type_37.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  296.0 KB

Hope you all have a great weekend.

That's lovely, C. Great shot, as always.

Wearing my new arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    That's lovely, C. Great shot, as always.
    Most kind of you. Thank you.

H2O Kalmar 2 Mokume Gane bronze/steel sandwich case

Grand Seiko SBGR053 ¦ Nomos Tangomat Datum ¦ ​Tudor Pelagos ¦ ​Grand Seiko SBGA011

Blog Entries
    It's a coin flip with me, since I only really brought two watches with me (well, three, but I rarely wear digital). But I decided to change up the strap on the Ranger.

Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Blog Entries
    What hath the dog wrought???

Name:  Android.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  81.7 KB Name:  Android2.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  93.8 KB

Been a very busy few days in class so no IWL...

Yesterday I had a day off so I went out with some friends in a boat looking for Mantas. We were not disappointed. Found about 8 or 9 feeding in the channel. The 'go to' watch for me for these sorts of adventures is always my trusty Seastar. It was my first watch over 42mm but is super comfortable. It struggles for wrist time but when I do wear it, it charms me all over again with its quirky case design and deeply engraved bezel. These shots are from yesterday, but the Seastar is still getting long-overdue wrist time.

Sorry for the poor color rendition - the Lumix I used is nearly 6 years old, struggles to focus underwater (especially when there is so much plankton in the water column) and since it only shoots jpeg files, there is not much one can do to fettle the shots afterwards.

Name:  P1200313.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  37.3 KB

Name:  P1200283.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  43.4 KB

Name:  P1200307.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  35.4 KB

Name:  P1200287.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  52.7 KB

Name:  P1200314.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  45.1 KB

Name:  P1200318.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  61.8 KB

Name:  IMG_3973.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  127.3 KB

Sorry for the long post.

Great shots!

Quote Originally Posted by FSM71 View Post

Sorry for the long post.

The Seastar is the watch that got me interested in mechanical timepieces.

My riding buddy and I would regularly ride to the MotoGP in Indianapolis and Austin on our Hayabusas. Tissot was one of the sponsors of the event and they had a large display in the vendor area of the race track. We were wandering around looking at gear and ended up going in to the (very busy) watch tent. As soon as I started handling the watches I wanted one. I tried on the Seastar and sent a pic to the wife - she loved it, told me to buy it. My analysis paralysis wouldn't let me buy something like that spur of the moment so I set out doing research on watches.

My good friend in Sweden helped the process along and in no time I was sporting my first mechanical, a modded Seiko Orange Monster.

Name:  P1000788.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  74.4 KB

As they say, the rest is history

Quote Originally Posted by FSM71 View Post
    Been a very busy few days in class so no IWL...

Yesterday I had a day off so I went out with some friends in a boat looking for Mantas. We were not disappointed. Found about 8 or 9 feeding in the channel. The 'go to' watch for me for these sorts of adventures is always my trusty Seastar. It was my first watch over 42mm but is super comfortable. It struggles for wrist time but when I do wear it, it charms me all over again with its quirky case design and deeply engraved bezel. These shots are from yesterday, but the Seastar is still getting long-overdue wrist time.

Sorry for the poor color rendition - the Lumix I used is nearly 6 years old, struggles to focus underwater (especially when there is so much plankton in the water column) and since it only shoots jpeg files, there is not much one can do to fettle the shots afterwards.

Name:  P1200313.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  37.3 KB

Name:  P1200283.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  43.4 KB

Name:  P1200307.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  35.4 KB

Name:  P1200287.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  52.7 KB

Name:  P1200314.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  45.1 KB

Name:  P1200318.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  61.8 KB

Sorry for the long post.

those pics ROCK
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

11. Likes CFR, is that my watch, iyonk, mlcor, FSM71 liked this post