Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Interesting WatchTime Article

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar

Interesting WatchTime Article

Nothing that die hard fans of the brand don't already know, but interesting nonetheless. I have to wonder how well the company would have done had they kept the Wilsdorf & Davis name. Doesn't have quite the ring as Rolex...

http://www.watchtime.com/featured/10...ow-about-rolex

2. Likes timekeeper liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    I have to wonder how well the company would have done had they kept the Wilsdorf & Davis name. Doesn't have quite the ring as Rolex...
    I have never heard of that before, but I'll wager the name would have been just fine and would have been as 'ringy' today if they'd carried it through to this day, maybe they would have shortened it to W&D., but Wilsdorf & Davis sounds very refined for a watch company anyway... a bit like Rolls Royce does for cars.
    (I don't like the watches in any way, but that's by the by )

Nice read. Good info that I also had never heard of.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx