Likes Likes:  27
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, who has a (watch) plan for 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I had spent quite a long while lusting over it this year, and recently found myself in a position to move up from passive longing to active pursuit. Still, I like all my watches, I shall happily stare at them until a new desire comes into focus
    You're allowed to wear them in addition to staring at them, you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Seriously liked this post
    I had spent quite a long while lusting over it this year, and recently found myself in a position to move up from passive longing to active pursuit. Still, I like all my watches, I shall happily stare at them until a new desire comes into focus
    If everything else is original, and the dial is a quality job, and you love the piece...why not buy it ?, unless you're a purist of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    If everything else is original, and the dial is a quality job, and you love the piece...why not buy it ?, unless you're a purist of course.
    Generally speaking I get different pleasures from new watches and vintage watches, and I'm not sure how I would feel trying to combine the experiences. Also iirc correctly the manufacturer of the confection was charging quite a lot for it.

My thoughts are in a bit of a jumble. For example: I would have zero problem with someone lovingly restoring something original which had got into a bad state.

unless you're a purist of course.

This I fear.Name:  Nods.gif
Views: 56
Size:  208 Bytes

Or just downright fussy Name:  667378.gif
Views: 53
Size:  3.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    This I fear.Name:  Nods.gif
Views: 56
Size:  208 Bytes

Or just downright fussy Name:  667378.gif
Views: 53
Size:  3.2 KB
    Generally speaking I find that impure things are best when cheap and dirty, no?

Not always, or you may need a service & cleaning soon

Generally speaking I get different pleasures from new watches and vintage watches, and I'm not sure how I would feel trying to combine the experiences. Also iirc correctly the manufacturer of the confection was charging quite a lot for it.

My thoughts are in a bit of a jumble. For example: I would have zero problem with someone lovingly restoring something original which had got into a bad state.
    Only you know whats best, do what your heart tells you...I think it best to walk away.

, you like what you like , I like new *usually*,​ very, very rarely will I even step into pre-owned anything.

10. Likes Nutty28 liked this post
    We're all particular
    This is true.

it's that "eclectic" that's going to kill you
    This is especially true!

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    , you like what you like , I like new *usually*,​ very, very rarely will I even step into pre-owned anything.
    Was brought up by an antiques lover

13. Likes Seriously liked this post