Likes Likes:  36
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: D'oh! I just realized why date windows at 4/4:30 bother me so much...

  1. #1

    D'oh! I just realized why date windows at 4/4:30 bother me so much...

    ...it's because I wear my watch on my right wrist! So if the date window is at 4/4:30, when I go to look at my watch, it's totally at the wrong angle to read. Where, for those who wear theirs on their left wrist, that angle is perfect.

    OK, an epiphany for me, but I never claimed to be all that bright...

  2. Likes Der Amf, Rob, geoffbot liked this post
  3. #2
    These are 3 o'clock windows dropped 45 degrees.....would 6 o'clock windows hoicked up the 45 degrees work for you?


    wrong 4 30.jpg
    Last edited by Der Amf; Dec 31, 2014 at 10:07 PM.

  4. Likes ken_sturrock liked this post
  5. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    These are 3 o'clock windows dropped 45 degrees.....would 6 o'clock windows hoicked up the 45 degrees work for you?


    wrong 4 30.jpg
    Ha ha. No.

    But I mind this one less, the window is round and the date is vertical:

    bell-and-ross-sport-heritage-black-dial-black-rubber-mens-watch-br123-her-srb-4.jpg

  6. Likes Mediocre liked this post
  7. #4

    D'oh! I just realized why date windows at 4/4:30 bother me so much...




    What about these?

    I'm wearing mine on my right wrist as well

  8. #5
    Member Hayseed Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    260
    Blog Entries
    4
    It may not necessarily be the location that is bothersome, butt the typical date alignment associated with that 4:30 location. For the watches posted above, I don't think the angle at which the date sits would be easily read if worn on the right wrist. As opposed to the left wrist.

  9. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by synequano View Post



    What about these?

    I'm wearing mine on my right wrist as well
    To each his own, but yes, that would bother me. In fact, it always did with my last pre-mechanical phase watch:

    Citizen Eco Drive E8700 December 2014.JPG

  10. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayseed Brown View Post
    It may not necessarily be the location that is bothersome, butt the typical date alignment associated with that 4:30 location. For the watches posted above, I don't think the angle at which the date sits would be easily read if worn on the right wrist. As opposed to the left wrist.
    For me, it's both, with the latter being the straw that breaks the camel's back.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #8
    I can't see what the problem is


  12. Likes Domo, mlcor, Lexvil, Me116, ken_sturrock liked this post
  13. #9
    Big Member Chase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,423
    So you would dismiss a great watch because you wear it on the wrong arm?

  14. Likes Bwana, Me116, hayday liked this post
  15. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    So you would dismiss a great watch because you wear it on the wrong arm?
    Whaddya mean, the wrong arm? Righty conspiracy strikes again, I tell ya.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. Likes Bwana liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are an independent and wide-ranging forum for watch enthusiasts. From mainspring to microchip, from Europe to Asia, from micro-brand to boutique - we cover it all. Novice or expert, we want you to feel at home. Whether it's asking a simple question or contributing to the fund of horological knowledge, it's all the same hobby. Or, if you like, you can just show us a picture of your new watch. We'll provide the welcoming and courteous environment, the rest is up to you!
Join us