Well, 2014 is gone and a new year has just begun. It's meant to get to 39 degrees here today (102.2 F) and it seems like it'll get there. Time to pull the shades in an effort to keep the house cool. No fancy-schmancy split system air cons in every room of this place, I can tell you.

Anyway, I did a quick tally of which watches got the most wrist-time in 2014 and I have to admit, there were no surprises. In the top spot, having been worn in 20 out of 52 weeks of last year, was the Omega 36.2mm Railmaster Co-Axial;

Worn mainly on its bracelet, but I did switch it over to leather from time to time;

In second place, with 16, was the venerable Omega Speedmaster Professional. Again, I alternated this watch from its bracelet to leather and/or NATO straps.

As well as its bracelet;

In equal third place, having both been worn 15 weeks out of the year, were two watches. The Sinn 103 St Sa chronograph;

Which looked great too on a brown leather strap, giving off a nice 1950s Type XX vibe;

And, the other third-place watch, the WatchCo-built Omega Seamaster 300, worn mostly on a TrueBond NATO strap;

A similar looking watch came in with 14 weeks of wear, the Omega 42mm Planet Ocean;

A definite favourite.

The surprise watch of last year (worn 13 weeks) turned out to be the modded Seiko 7002. I had it with its original black dial;

And wore it a lot for general handyman duties around the house. Recently, I had an after-market blue dial fitted to it;

And have been wearing it a little more.

Finally, the last two watches that got the most wear were the 1969 Omega Seamaster Chronometer, with 11 weeks of wear;

And the Omega 36.2mm Seamaster AquaTerra Co-Axial, with 10 weeks of wear;

And, since New Year's Eve, I've been wearing the Longines Expeditions Francais Paul-Emile Victor, which was worn throughout 8 weeks of last year;

Name:  PC310441.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  33.7 KB

I hope this year has started off nicely for you all, and I hope it continues along that path.