Likes Likes:  61
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seamaster 300 Master Coaxial Change-up

Seamaster 300 Master Coaxial Change-up

I have enjoyed and admired my 300MC from the day I acquired it last August, but I wasn't crazy about the polished center links. They look fine, especially on this vintage look, but they show every fingerprint, smudge and scratch. Aside from the practical aforementioned reasons, I was fairly certain I would prefer an all-brushed version, but I decided to give the original bracelet six months before making my decision. In the meantime, I checked out the Spectre edition, which features the all-brushed version, and I liked it. So February came and I decided to make the change.

Not only did I have to order the bracelet, but because I wasn't crazy about the "007" on the Spectre clasp, I also ordered another clasp for the regular 300MC. I. put it on today, and I am sold! This is the right look for this watch for my taste. It is more practical but also a better aesthetic fit for me. It is also truer to the 1957 original. It still has a mirrored finish on the link ends, so it compliments the watch case well. Here are some photos in case you have had the same thoughts about the 300MC and wondered how it would look:

Name:  SeamasterMC300.22.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  53.2 KBName:  SeamasterMC300.21.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  53.8 KBName:  SeamasterMC300.23.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  71.3 KB

Nice change up. I don't know how I would feel about polished center links... never tried one on.

3. Likes TigerDore liked this post
    I have the Spectre edition Seamaster 300 Coaxial and the all brushes bracelet was a major selling point for me. Congrats on the (what is to me personally) the upgrade!

Very nice. I generally don't have an issue with polished center links, but I can't find fault with that look either.

6. Likes TigerDore, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Based on our shared tastes, I think you would prefer the all-brushed version.

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Nice change up. I don't know how I would feel about polished center links... never tried one on.

Thanks! It is definitely the more preferred look for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM75 View Post
    I have the Spectre edition Seamaster 300 Coaxial and the all brushes bracelet was a major selling point for me. Congrats on the (what is to me personally) the upgrade!

9. Likes RAM75 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    That looks great! Need more pictures, though.

If they did a version with white lume and no polished links, I could see myself getting one to replace my MM300. But PCLs and vintage lume together make it a tough sell for me.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

11. Likes TigerDore liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    But PCLs and vintage lume together make it a tough sell for me.

Good point. Each is fine in the absence of the other.

13. Likes TigerDore liked this post
    The PCL's didn't last a week on my 300mc.

15. Likes TigerDore, synequano liked this post
    Infinitely better! Very nice.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

17. Likes TigerDore liked this post