Likes Likes:  71
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: **** Smiths W10 vs Smiths Military PRS-29A/B ****

**** Smiths W10 vs Smiths Military PRS-29A/B ****

Has anyone got one secret tucked away as have not seen one yet in here which is a shame the more I look at it the more I want one but the prices are steep and getting steeper as I remarked in another one of my threads I had a chance at one it was slightly I thought over priced at the time so let it go to some one else but now with how the prices have jump it would not have matter, not that I would be selling it if I had one

Was looking in to them and just wonder if any one had got one as they are striking to look at and all English built appeals to me so as Allan was saying else where as others have said the Time factors re-issue so to speak could be the answer as cheaper, easy to get and there would be no worry of fakes or none original parts in it.

Smiths Military 36mm PRS-29A £345 Smiths Military 39mm PRS-29B £435.

Which would you go for new over old,large over small, I can see the points to both side of these argument as I have stated but the original would be just amazing to own but not sure I would feel comfortable wearing in case I damaged it when with the new I would not be as fussed or even staying with my cwc mean it's taken a good few knocks since I bought it and still looks stunning so why not stop with that ...

But there is just some thing about the old W10 that inspires me

As always Ismy
    Last edited by is that my watch; Mar 20, 2017 at 09:29 AM. Reason: modified title to better explain thread chat :)
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

I am so close to buying the Timefactors 36mm version. I keep talking myself out of it to save money and then I see a photo of it and I want it again!
    There's nothing important to read here.

yes like me just been looking on the bay to see if there are any second hand ones knocking around but just can't see any at all .. under there time factor and the prs 29a search and as it would have to be the the 36 mm for me too.. contemplating selling a few of my other watches to fund the buy as the w10 is just to much at the minute for me to buy one ...
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

The 39mm Smith look just right... but i still fascinated by the CWC G10 quartz..
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

5. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin63 View Post
    I am so close to buying the Timefactors 36mm version. I keep talking myself out of it to save money and then I see a photo of it and I want it again!
    This is me with the 39mm version. The only thing that's kept me from buying is the Stowa flieger I purchased a few months ago.

-- Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    The 39mm Smith look just right... but i still fascinated by the CWC G10 quartz..
    thats the thing even an over priced cwc is like a ton and it can be found cheaper if looking around where as the prs is £345 which is a good chunk of money and a cwc will do most of what a prs will but in a quartz version as the prs had a ETA2801-2 elaboré, 17 jewels, Incabloc, hacking seconds and hand-winding so can understand the price for it .

just having that kinda funds anyway I was looking on the bay and to get a cwc say 2000 plus quartz is sub £200 depending on age mines is 12 years old even thou it don't look it .. so they are built to last and love wearing it so yeah if I could find a second hand one I might go for it but a new one am still thinking on it
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

8. Likes iyonk liked this post
    I have a CWC dated 1998 which as you say does all it needs to. The Smiths does call to me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin63 View Post
    I have a CWC dated 1998 which as you say does all it needs to. The Smiths does call to me though.
    yes it does but just wondering am I settling for a prs as can't get a W10 so if am going to pay £300 / £400 for it the same again maybe a bit more could get the W10 so would I become dissatisfied with it over time as a prs is a looker no doubt but no W10
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    yes it does but just wondering am I settling for a prs as can't get a W10 so if am going to pay £300 / £400 for it the same again maybe a bit more could get the W10 so would I become dissatisfied with it over time as a prs is a looker no doubt but no W10
    The ones on the bay at the moment are £800-£900.
    At that price I would rather get the re-issue with a warranty that I wouldn't be worried about wearing.

Pretty sure had one when knee high to a grasshopper. Prob. wrecked it. Very common once, sort of, from memory. Amazed how much now for the originals, Timefactors 36mm perhaps the sane route