Likes Likes:  71
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: **** Smiths W10 vs Smiths Military PRS-29A/B ****

Quote Originally Posted by Colin63 View Post
    The ones on the bay at the moment are £800-£900.
    At that price I would rather get the re-issue with a warranty that I wouldn't be worried about wearing.
    yeah as I said the cost of prs and then that again to buy one and the £900 one looks off for some reason when checking it out this morning did it go unsold ? and as I said I am of the same thought in the prs it will be what it should be so no worries of fakes and the like ..and as I said if I could see a prs second hand on the bay would go for it . but I can't see any at all
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Pretty sure had one when knee high to a grasshopper. Prob. wrecked it. Very common once, sort of, from memory. Amazed how much now for the originals, Timefactors 36mm perhaps the sane route
    yeah was offer one for a couple of hundred couple of years back and turn it down as at that time it was a lot of money for an old watch I thought but now with hindsight it was not
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    yeah was offer one for a couple of hundred couple of years back and turn it down as at that time it was a lot of money for an old watch I thought but now with hindsight it was not
    Hindsight is an amazing thing
    There's nothing important to read here.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin63 View Post
    Hindsight is an amazing thing
    ant that the truth been a few occasions with watches I wish I had it
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

https://www.smithswatches.com/

+ £150 for a service

lime's not bad

Name:  prs2910.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  34.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    lime's not bad

Name:  prs2910.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  34.0 KB
    Yeah, it does look kinda lime coloured
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

7. Likes Colin63 liked this post
    All this field watch talk made me go and wind this 80's Timex up.
    Name:  IMG_20170319_203145.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  74.8 KB
    There's nothing important to read here.

yeah got me a
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    Which would you go for new over old,large over small, ...
    It's no great secret which way I went.
    Name:  110117.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  43.0 KB

I looked at a lot of W10s prior to buying it, and basically frightened myself off of 'getting stung' with a franken. Because of the prices they are now fetching, it's inevitable that there'll be more & more questionable ones appearing on the market.
    Yes, I would dearly love a 'proper one'; but unless it came with a cast iron guarantee that it was totally original, I'd be hesitant to spend around a grand for one.

When I finally decided that the PRS29 was a sensible alternative, and I'd exhausted all practical excuses not to buy one - I went for the 29B for the following reasons:
    1. The 29A was out of stock
    2. 39mm was more appealing to my ageing eyes.
    3. Sapphire glass
    4. Drilled lugs
    5. It was (is) half the price of a W10
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    It's no great secret which way I went.
    Name:  110117.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  43.0 KB

I looked at a lot of W10s prior to buying it, and basically frightened myself off of 'getting stung' with a franken. Because of the prices they are now fetching, it's inevitable that there'll be more & more questionable ones appearing on the market.
    Yes, I would dearly love a 'proper one'; but unless it came with a cast iron guarantee that it was totally original, I'd be hesitant to spend around a grand for one.

When I finally decided that the PRS29 was a sensible alternative, and I'd exhausted all practical excuses not to buy one - I went for the 29B for the following reasons:
    1. The 29A was out of stock
    2. 39mm was more appealing to my ageing eyes.
    3. Sapphire glass
    4. Drilled lugs
    5. It was (is) half the price of a W10
    I remember the chats was thinking about it since It first came out and still never went for it but suppose got to be careful not to wait to long if I am as the prs-60 was it ? the seiko looking one when it got discontinue after so long and you can't get one for love or money (well you can for money but more then they sold for original ) so yes might start to sell some watches and see what happens ..
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy