Likes Likes:  37
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45

Thread: Totally IN-LOVE With This..........

  1. #1
    Master Enabler RBrylawski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    853

    Totally IN-LOVE With This..........

    Sadly, I will never be able to afford a $20,000+ watch and one with a 2824-2 no less, but this is just so "uber" cool that if I had the money, I'd own one.

    This is the Ressence Type 3 Liquid Filled Crystal and I think it's simply terrific!

    Ressence-7.jpg

    To read a little bit about this, here's an interesting link: http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/hands-o...e-pics-pricing
    B&M Capeland Flyback/Muhle Glashutte 29er Big/Grand Seiko SBGR083/JeanRichard Aquascope/UTS 1000m V2/Ebel 1911 BTR Cal137/Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso/Lew & Huey Acionna



  2. #2
    Big Member Chase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,423
    I love it but not for that price. Maybe gently used, once it has depreciated by at least half

  3. Likes RBrylawski liked this post
  4. #3
    Master Enabler RBrylawski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    I love it but not for that price. Maybe gently used, once it has depreciated by at least half
    Sometimes you see something that shouts to you. This is one of those times. This piece simply shouts buy me buy me. I can't (or won't) but shouting at me it is!
    B&M Capeland Flyback/Muhle Glashutte 29er Big/Grand Seiko SBGR083/JeanRichard Aquascope/UTS 1000m V2/Ebel 1911 BTR Cal137/Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso/Lew & Huey Acionna



  5. #4
    They have a less expensive one, the Type 1, that is similar. Still not cheap (a little over $20k instead of over $30k), but hey, what's $10k amongst friends...

  6. Likes RBrylawski liked this post
  7. #5
    Big Member Chase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,423
    Quote Originally Posted by RBrylawski View Post
    Sometimes you see something that shouts to you. This is one of those times. This piece simply shouts buy me buy me. I can't (or won't) but shouting at me it is!
    So it's like a hooker. They shout at me when I drive by but I know I can't have one so I just try and ignore it.

  8. Likes Perseus, Norm liked this post
  9. #6
    Bone Collector Bwana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Deep in the Timber
    Posts
    1,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    So it's like a hooker. They shout at me when I drive by but I know I can't have one so I just try and ignore it.
    Oh you can have one, buy her some warm soup and a drink, take her to a movie...treat her like a lady, who knows

  10. Likes Little Big Feather liked this post
  11. #7
    Master Enabler RBrylawski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    So it's like a hooker. They shout at me when I drive by but I know I can't have one so I just try and ignore it.
    Well, unlike a hooker, who will likely give you a present you won't appreciate and will require antibiotics to cure, the Ressence Type 3 would likely be much much safer and simply be super cool strapped to your wrist!
    B&M Capeland Flyback/Muhle Glashutte 29er Big/Grand Seiko SBGR083/JeanRichard Aquascope/UTS 1000m V2/Ebel 1911 BTR Cal137/Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso/Lew & Huey Acionna



  12. #8
    Big Member Chase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,423
    Quote Originally Posted by RBrylawski View Post
    Well, unlike a hooker, who will likely give you a present you won't appreciate and will require antibiotics to cure, the Ressence Type 3 would likely be much much safer and simply be super cool strapped to your wrist!
    In other words, both of them are gifts that keep on giving!

  13. #9
    Master Enabler RBrylawski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    They have a less expensive one, the Type 1, that is similar. Still not cheap (a little over $20k instead of over $30k), but hey, what's $10k amongst friends...
    Thanks I saw it and it's also pretty cool. The type 3 simply speaks to me and honestly, there hasn't been much that has lately.
    B&M Capeland Flyback/Muhle Glashutte 29er Big/Grand Seiko SBGR083/JeanRichard Aquascope/UTS 1000m V2/Ebel 1911 BTR Cal137/Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso/Lew & Huey Acionna



  14. #10
    Master Enabler RBrylawski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    In other words, both of them are gifts that keep on giving!
    One could certainly look at it that way. I'd take the later, not the former. But maybe that's just me.........LOL
    B&M Capeland Flyback/Muhle Glashutte 29er Big/Grand Seiko SBGR083/JeanRichard Aquascope/UTS 1000m V2/Ebel 1911 BTR Cal137/Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso/Lew & Huey Acionna



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are an independent and wide-ranging forum for watch enthusiasts. From mainspring to microchip, from Europe to Asia, from micro-brand to boutique - we cover it all. Novice or expert, we want you to feel at home. Whether it's asking a simple question or contributing to the fund of horological knowledge, it's all the same hobby. Or, if you like, you can just show us a picture of your new watch. We'll provide the welcoming and courteous environment, the rest is up to you!
Join us