Likes Likes:  34
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: State of my collection: My Midrange divers

State of my collection: My Midrange divers

I've had some really great watches in my collection, AP ROO, Vacheron Overseas Chrono, Breguet Marine II chrono, Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, Aegir CD-2 and so on but I didn't enjoy wearing them, tho I loved owning them. I sold them for watches I simply loved to wear. Most of them are in this group. I really enjoy wearing just about all of these below.

Helson Shark Diver, I'm having a black shark band made for this watch with turquoise tribal stitching.

Deep Blue with GTLS, a true super legible.

Helson Sharkmaster tribute to the Omega Ploprof. I just love wearing this watch.

Kobold Large Soarway Diver. Need to spend more time with this, I like it but not convinced that its a keeper.

Squale 2002, a beautiful expression of blue.

VDB 2013 SE

IWC Aquatimer - just a great watch

Renato grab and go quartz. My watch maker was surprised at the quality of the case and movement.

Ancon Tank, toying with the idea of making this my beater, or the Android below could be my beater and I'd sell this, still sorting this through.

Android, terrible picture. Grb and go quartz. My watchmaker was surprised at how low end a movement is in this watch considering how nicely done the case is, no jewels.

Crepas Cayman 3000 - my dress diver. With all my wild watches I love having this.

Hexa Q500 grab and go quartz. Don't know if I will keep all these quartz watches, or even all the others at this point.
    Last edited by Gary123; Jan 5, 2015 at 05:52 PM.

Funny, I have far fewer divers than you have, two to be precise, and both models are not in your collection
    No surprise, given the choice of dive-watches.
    That said, I think that every collection of dive watches should have at least one Doxa, no?

Name:  120914_Ocean7_LM7_Doxa_SUB_1200T_DWL_m.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  59.2 KB

Just some friendly banter and teasing; hope you don't mind. Great collection
    Keep them coming, these SOTC's
    IWL member 90

3. Likes Gary123 liked this post
    I have looked at that Doxa many times. The only thing that has kept me from buying is the poor low light performance of locating the pip, and that I have a couple other orange watches I am happy with.

And the Ocean 7 we are close, I own the Omega Ploprof.
    Last edited by Gary123; Jan 5, 2015 at 12:46 AM.

Love the VDB. Always liked the Sharkmaster too alas too large for me.

Don't disagree that every good diver collection should have a Doxa, though for me I'd substitute that with an Aquadive.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Love the VDB. Always liked the Sharkmaster too alas too large for me.

Don't disagree that every good diver collection should have a Doxa, though for me I'd substitute that with an Aquadive.
    Or both
    Last edited by Bwana; Jan 5, 2015 at 01:42 AM.

7. Likes shameless liked this post
    Gary, as always a great collection. I think you need a UTS though! Yes you do!

Name:  UTS 3.JPG
Views: 197
Size:  114.0 KBName:  UTS 4.JPG
Views: 225
Size:  103.4 KB
    B&M Capeland Flyback/Muhle Glashutte 29er Big/Grand Seiko SBGR083/JeanRichard Aquascope/UTS 1000m V2/Ebel 1911 BTR Cal137/Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso/Lew & Huey Acionna

Quote Originally Posted by RBrylawski View Post
    Gary, as always a great collection. I think you need a UTS though! Yes you do!
    Rod I'd love a UTS and narrowly missed buying one a few weeks ago. Yours is a lovely one!

10. Likes RBrylawski liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    Or both
    Fix your pictures sir.

My next Aquadive post will be once the Fleurier arrives. Which is hopefully soon. It's taking a lot of willpower not to email Ben and see where he is at with the watches. I'd rather it be right instead of rushed.

I've been keeping an eye for a deal on a gently used 1000/1200

In other words, I'd love to see an Aquadive included in the collection of the OP!

Savagely Average
    Great looking, well rounded collection of divers! The Helson shark diver and the IWC are the two standouts IMHO!

I always considered that generation of Aquatimer watches to be one of the best looking dive watches out there. It is in a way like a sharpened-up/modernised Fifty Fathoms. If it was made in a 40mm case, I'd be wearing one today.

The black/white bezel on white dial is such a good looking watch, especially when the lume is glowing.