Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: State of my collection: My High End Watches

State of my collection: My High End Watches

Most of my high end magnificent stuff is gone for lack of wearing. These are what I have left and what I bought to replace them. I enjoy wearing all of these.

My Breitling Chronomat, the oldest watch in my collection and has been worn a ton.

Franck Muller Conquistadore: I tried to sell it and glad no one bought it. Pricey but unique, sort of playful boardroom with the finest 3rd party chronograph movement available to manufacturers - the F. Piguet 1185 used in the Vacheron Overseas, the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, also used by AP, Tiffany and various others. My main dressy watch and I just love it.

Hublot Oceanographic 1000. A beast, super legible, great yellow central minutes counter for the chrono.

JLC Navy Seals Diver Chronograph, just a wonderful easy to wear watch. I may get the rubber articulated bracelet for this.

Omega Ploprof, my latest acquisition. Impossible I know, but it just seems to disappear on my wrist in the sense that it is so comfortable I completely forget I am wearing it,

My Roger Dubuis Easy Diver. I considered selling this because those slender pretty hands disappear in low light. But after some negotiations, RD of Switzerland has agreed to custom make me a set of hands that should improve legibility. A magnificent timepiece reminiscent of Invicta but with quality and finish that is stratospheric. The Geneva Seal on the movement is a rare honor.

Last edited by Gary123; Jan 7, 2015 at 04:25 PM.

I was wondering where the Hublot was; I thought it might've shown up in the dive watch set but it never did.
    I like the little almost throw-away line about the RD making custom hands for you.

If anyone wants a definition of "hi-end" I think that could be one of the requisites: when the watch maker can and are willing to make custom hands for you.

3. Likes Gary123, Colin liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Gary, you know I love your RD and your Ploprof. I really like the Franck Muller and the JLC as well. As you know, I am not a Hublot fan.

With that said, I will start a little friction (especially if Max/Doboji is online).... Breitling and Omega are not high end. There. I said it.

Ha B!

I think I would agree with you. But it has more to do with what to call this thread. At $11,000 for the Breitling and $9,200 for the Omega, they certainly don't belong in my midrange group and are arguably high end based on price alone.

I always enjoy seeing your unique watches. I really dig the JLC Navy Seal...VERY cool.

7. Likes Gary123 liked this post
    Great post Gary as usual.

9. Likes Gary123 liked this post
    Sorry I got dibs on that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    I always enjoy seeing your unique watches. I really dig the JLC Navy Seal...VERY cool.

11. Likes Gary123 liked this post
    Sweet. It made my checkbook nervous just looking at your watches......
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

13. Likes DM71, Gary123 liked this post
    Always a pleasure to see your collection, Gary. I enjoy all the craziness you have in your watch taste and as I said before, I can have my little rush of high end timepeices just by looking at your pictures. the Roger Dubuis and Hublot are my favorite in your collection. Really unique divers. The white PP is not bad either!

I kind of feel sad to see the Angular Momentum is gone Were am I gone see one now?

Thanks for sharing!
    ~Daniel~

15. Likes Gary123 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by DM71 View Post
    I kind of feel sad to see the Angular Momentum is gone Were am I gone see one now?

Thanks for sharing!
    Daniel, you are funny. I do still have the Angular Momentum, it is in my other SOTC thread, My Art Watches. And btw, I decided to keep your Debeaufre. I will be getting rid of my IWC Big Pilot and have already sold my Steinhart sterile dial pilot.
    Last edited by Gary123; Jan 6, 2015 at 02:44 AM.

17. Likes timekeeper liked this post