Likes Likes:  34
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: State of my collection: My Midrange divers

Quote Originally Posted by Gary123 View Post
    Rod I'd love a UTS and narrowly missed buying one a few weeks ago. Yours is a lovely one!
    Thanks Gary. In many ways, you were inspiration for my UTS purchase!
    B&M Capeland Flyback/Muhle Glashutte 29er Big/Grand Seiko SBGR083/JeanRichard Aquascope/UTS 1000m V2/Ebel 1911 BTR Cal137/Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso/Lew & Huey Acionna

2. Likes Gary123 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Fix your pictures sir.

My next Aquadive post will be once the Fleurier arrives. Which is hopefully soon. It's taking a lot of willpower not to email Ben and see where he is at with the watches. I'd rather it be right instead of rushed.

I've been keeping an eye for a deal on a gently used 1000/1200

In other words, I'd love to see an Aquadive included in the collection of the OP!
    I removed the pictures, stick with the 1200T

4. Likes Chase liked this post
    I've had some really great watches in my collection, AP ROO, Vacheron Overseas Chrono, Breguet Marine II chrono, Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, Aegir CD-2 and so on but I didn't enjoy wearing them, tho I loved owning them. I sold them for watches I simply loved to wear.
    True WIS enlightenment, right there.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

6. Likes Gary123 liked this post
    Nice collection- I'm a Helson fan too. Great bang for your dollar and despite recent customer service issues, buying a Helson has been a very rewarding buy for me.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

8. Likes Chase liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Fix your pictures sir.

My next Aquadive post will be once the Fleurier arrives. Which is hopefully soon. It's taking a lot of willpower not to email Ben and see where he is at with the watches. I'd rather it be right instead of rushed.

I've been keeping an eye for a deal on a gently used 1000/1200

In other words, I'd love to see an Aquadive included in the collection of the OP!
    Aquadive does not make a watch that appeals to me. Also, except for the NOS model, I find their hands not particularly legible having only a small amount of lume and legibility has been a focus of mine in all my recent purchases.

Blog Entries
    As someone who has had the opportunity to see your collection evolve in person and have had the opportunity to observe and touch each of your watches, let me just say great collection friend!

11. Likes Gary123 liked this post
    I love that you have watches I've never heard of (Ancon Tank)or have forgotten about (Helson Sharkmaster). My bank account feels differently.

13. Likes Gary123 liked this post
    I struggled on which thread to reply to because there are watches I covet in all three (snap that DeWitt is sick bro! and the JLC, well you know I think you should disown your family and leave it to me...) So I chose the one at the top of the recent threads list cause I'm lazy like that.

Gary, you have the most amazing collection I know. Please keep up the good fight on nailing it down and we will all benefit from your experiences. Please post more reviews of the watches you find on your journy. An SOTC at any given time misses all the passers through, which many times are just as interesting.

15. Likes Gary123, JAGtime liked this post

Crepas Cayman 3000 - my dress diver. With all my wild watches I love having this.

Every time I stop kicking myself about missing the boat on one of these, someone posts a picture of one
    BTW Nice Aquatimer, too They're all nice actually; just those 2 are my favourites.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

17. Likes Uber liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Every time I stop kicking myself about missing the boat on one of these, someone posts a picture of one
    It is really a fantastic watch. The more I wore it, the more I liked it. I understand how someone can find it boring, but it is beautifully executed in its simplicity. Superlegible with a pip that is so easy to find in low light. For my eyes it is as dressy as a Submariner. I am very happy with this watch.

19. Likes JAGtime liked this post