Likes Likes:  61
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1963 Chronograph Project Delivered

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I did a quick check on ebay, and they all seem to be $50 and up.
    I don't know if this search will work directly, but plenty of choice if you don't want to go the TaoBao route.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/Jewelry-Watc...970%2529&rt=nc

TaoBao will be cheaper if you order multiple watches. I guess the extra fees (and effort) will be relative high for a single ST5.
    All the aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa#s seem to have a never ending resource which as been asked about a few times.
    Seems that the works made a lot, as in much more than a lot , so much that the tooling had to be scrapped to stop more being made.
    A last forever movement, accurate, well made, world class

Had to get me one of these in the end. Took me long enough to get an ST19.
    Went for a panda with gold hands, red chrono second and white hands of the subdials.

Very happy this far.

3. Likes Strela167, HKEd liked this post
    Instead of a new thread I'll just post my reflections here.

As I said, got my ED1963 a few days ago. Have been eyeing a '63 and an ST19 a long time. Passed on the 1963 project when it first started, but then I saw pics of the different panda dials HKed had produced. Sent an email with some inquiries and got a very fast response. The rest of the communication has been excellent and the watch (tailored to my wants) was sent about 2 weeks after my order was made. (the pandas are made to order).

I went for the cream panda dial with black sub-dials, gold hour / minute hands, red chrono hand, white sub-dial hands and display back. Acrylic crystal.

The watch came in a nice box on a brown leather strap. The strap is nice enough. Better than a lot a straps I've gotten on a few Chinese watches from Guangzhou or Beijing. The buckle is signed with the "star trek" logo. (also stamped on inside of strap)

I however switched it out to a dark brown leather nato with gold hardware to match the hands.

The dial is gorgeous in person. Almost glistening in certain lights. The subdials have a thread pattern which adds a bit of depth. The raised applied indices are very well executed with numbers at 12, 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 with squares in between

Crown is also signed and the pushers have a vintage look to them. Mimicking the original.

The crown is quite large which is good since it makes it easy the handwind despite the chrono pushers being quite close. The winding is smooth.

The chrono functions are as they should. Start/stop at 2 and reset at 4. The feel of the pushers is solid and everything reset to 0.

The acrylic crystal adds to the vintage feel for me and there is a lovely dome to it

Movement is the Seagull st19 of which there has been plenty written. I will wait until I've used it for a while until I pass judgement on it. It looks lovely though, I'll say that.

Turns out the one I chose is the same as Meijlinder's - love it, especially the gold chapter ring which sets it off beautifully compared to the 'normal' version(s)

Waiting on a nice NATO strap as I don't like the feel of the stock one

Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

My watch blog - Wristwatch Review UK | Seagull1963.co.uk

6. Likes meijlinder, HKEd, Strela167, Martin liked this post