Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Medicare Enrollment

Blog Entries
    Apparently my mom called someone and took care of everything. Just need supplemental insurance from AARP now.

2. Likes JAGtime, pepperami liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    You pay Medicare taxes on every paycheck. It's definitely not free.

Medicaid is what you get if you didn't pay enough for Medicare, as I understand it.

I'm sure it will all be gone by the time I've paid for it and am ready to retire.
    Rob,

Yes. Medicare and Medicaid are funded from income taxes, while Social Security is based on a payroll tax. Every citizen is eligible for Medicare once they turn 65. Medicaid is health insurance for those whose income falls under a certain line and is available to all who meet its eligibility requirements, regardless of age. Hopefully, there should be no problem with funding Medicare in the future, as Medicare costs have been steady or declining in recent years and it is a very popular program with those who are enrolled.

Jane

4. Likes Rob liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Apparently my mom called someone and took care of everything. Just need supplemental insurance from AARP now.
    That's great!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGtime View Post
    That's great!
    Yes, I'm very glad. She may get intimidated by computers, but she's mean with a phone.

7. Likes JAGtime, jsw41 liked this post