Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In my quest for smaller watches...

In my quest for smaller watches...

I'm seriously thinking of selling the Muhle and replacing it with this Stowa. I know, 40mm to 37mm is not a huge difference, but on my very small wrist, small just looks better. I've had the white version of the Partitio before, and it fit me very well. Any opinions?

2. Likes iyonk liked this post
    My

I don't believe you'll see the difference in a couple 3 mm. Both are fine pieces, I could go either way w/ these 2.
    On 1 hand I like the hands on the Stowa more but the Muhle's dial IMO is better looking & love the 3,6,12 & stick indices better. So what I'm saying is, damn ! What am I saying!!.

Don't listen to me......
    Last edited by watchdaddy1; Oct 22, 2016 at 04:40 PM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

4. Likes Seriously liked this post
    I think you'll see a big difference. I can certainly notice the difference between my 37mm watches and my 40mms.

The bonus here is the Stowa can be had in manual wind. I prefer manual wind. Henry I agree. We have the same size wrists and 40mm seems large after wearing the 38mm Guinand.

7. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    And the Partitio is such a great looking watch too, no offence to Muhle.

9. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Between the Muhle and the Stowa, I would go with the later; I prefer the hands, the numerals, the cleaner (no date ) dial and the hand wind movement. However, I usually find that watches with dark/black dials, sometimes tend to look a bit smaller on the wrist, than their counterparts with silver/white dials, so... I don't really know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    ... the Partitio is such a great looking watch too...
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    ... I prefer the hands, the numerals, the cleaner (no date ) dial and the hand wind movement.
    ^^^ What they said. I much prefer the Partitio, too.

I find myself heading in the same direction size wise, albeit a gradual transition - Not so long ago I wouldn't have entertained anything less than 40mm; then I bought the Smiths @ 39mm and have hardly taken it off in nearly 6 months. The next step will be the MKII Hawkinge @37.8mm which should be arriving in a few weeks; we'll see how that fares against the Smiths
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Blog Entries
    3mm is almost 10 percent! Of course you'll notice the difference. People quibble over one millimeter, three is a world apart in watches.

The Muhle is much better looking, in my eyes.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    I think you'll see a big difference. I can certainly notice the difference between my 37mm watches and my 40mms.
    There's a big difference between my 41mm Black Bay and my 42mm Speedmaster, that's for sure. If anything, the Black Bay wears larger, but that's neither here nor there.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Blog Entries
    They are both really good looking watches from two really good companies. I often wear 36-38mm watches (which feel just right on my wrist) and often even 40mm look a bit large to me. I understand your interest.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.