Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: question of violence [now successfully applied]

well then yes it can be force but you need to be carefully of the lugs so I would use a long pair of needle nose pliers and you need to twist really so you are putting the pressure on the spring parts not the lugs if you see what I mean ..
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

there are different types of spring bars. so by the sound of it you have used a single shoulder that is used for lugs with a small hole that runs through the lug like so
    were the usually one's are like this

it's easy done I know I have done it
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Blog Entries
    GO BUY something called Sidecutters.

It will be less than $5. Don't damage the lugs. This will save you tons of trouble

4. Likes is that my watch, popoki nui, T Bone liked this post
    I think they were the former of those

Anyway, its done! I carefully took apart the strap (mendably) and then gave the spring bars which still weren't going anywhere a gentle little twist with a pair of pliars - they just snapped in half. Who knew I had a pair of pliars in the tool box?

Pictures of new watch with new strap soon!

6. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I think they were the former of those

Anyway, its done! I carefully took apart the strap (mendably) and then gave the spring bars which still weren't going anywhere a gentle little twist with a pair of pliars - they just snapped in half. Who knew I had a pair of pliars in the tool box?

Pictures of new watch with new strap soon!
    I would still buy a pair of cutters as I said it is easy to mix up the spring bars and the one is a bugger to get out if you put it in by mistake I KNOW lol should of heard me when I did lol .. but glad you got it sorted mate
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

8. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    With apologies for the charmlessness of indoor lighting

Name:  sl5.JPG
Views: 80
Size:  32.4 KB

Name:  sl6.JPG
Views: 81
Size:  23.1 KB
    Last edited by Der Amf; Jan 7, 2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Deleting worst picture

looks like it's got some decent lugs on it.( I got one that had match thin lugs lol) and the rest of the watch ant bad to lol
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

11. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    nice. Glad you got the bars out. It's always a pain when something tiny like lug bars won't come off.

I've been there...you start using more force, but the more force you put on the more sweaty you become because you know the moment your hands slips it can damage the case and booom...permanant mark.

13. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Glad you were successful without having to damage anything.

I always have an elongated pair of electrical grade side cutters in my watch tool box for just such incidents.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

15. Likes Der Amf liked this post