Likes Likes:  91
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My most cherished watch ($3 USD)

Blog Entries

My most cherished watch ($3 USD)

When my daughter was 6 years old, she understood my love of watches. I had watches, I worked on watches, I changed straps on watches. I was all about watches. Well one Christmas they had a little shopping thing at her school where people would come in and bring cheap little items that the kids could buy for their siblings, parents, grandparents, etc. I gave her $20 to spend. What she bought me would change the way I view the world and life. This is what she bought me for Christmas:

She was so proud to give me this $3 (three USD) watch. She knew that a watch would make me happy. The excitement on that girl's face when I opened my watch was a moment that can never be recaptured. This is my prized watch. This is my favorite watch. This isn't my most expensive watch or the one that gets the most wear. But it's the watch that I'll never get rid of. It holds a prominent place in my watch box when I have a Breitling in my drawer. This one will never be relegated to the drawer.

That's awesome, and I know exactly how you feel. Enjoy your new watch.

Awwww....that is so sweet! Not only does she have a big heart, but she has a good eye for style too. That's a nice looking watch.

What a great thread.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

4. Likes JAGtime, iyonk liked this post
    Wonderful! Wear it in health and with pride!

This is without any doubt the best thread on IWL.

Wear it in good health, my man! I still have the marshmallow my son gave me when he was six months old.

7. Likes Me116 liked this post
    Please let her know that her gift (and how much you appreciate it) has made my day, too! Congratulations on raising such a thoughtful young one!

Priceless!
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

That is absolutely fantastic. Proud of her, and proud of you for raising such a thoughtful little one. Well done.

My most prized watch is one from my daughter as well.

Lovely! a bit of perspective on the value of watches.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

12. Likes Chase, Colin liked this post
    I'm in the same camp. My daughter picked out the perfect yellow dive watch for me a few years ago (they were 9 and 6 at the time). Its not exactly to my style, but it also sits in a proud place in my bx (just right or the box wont close) and its my special diving watch for the pool, lake or ocean....

(not my pic)