Likes Likes:  76
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Likes" Notifications...

"Likes" Notifications...

I think it's nice that it gives a notification when someone "likes" something you've posted. Gives you an opportunity to thank them, perhaps a reciprocal "like" or just pat your own ego. What I don't need is a notification that pops up showing that I've "likes" something. If I've just liked it do I really need to forum software to stand up and take note to remind me of it?

Suppose my question is, is there a way via the settings or what have you to retain the notification for "likes" you have received while turning off notifications for ones you have given?

2. Likes Seriously, Spooky, popoki nui, jsw41 liked this post
    No Chase , it's been asked before.

4. Likes Chase, Spooky liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    No Chase , it's been asked before.
    In otherwords the only way I can stop receiving "likes" notifications for "likes" I myself have given is to stop giving "likes"

got it.

6. Likes Seriously, Chronopolitano, Spooky, Nokie liked this post
    I've found you can fool the system sometimes if you get out of the thread quickly after liking something, your like still registers in your like list , but it doesn't trigger the indicator in top right.

It's on a par on irritation level with the way it opens a new browser page when you check out what someone liked a post of yours for.

8. Likes Chase, OTGabe, Spooky, popoki nui liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    I give likes all the time and I don't get any notifications. We've tried test accounts with all kinds of different settings and still do not get those notifications. Sometimes it appears as if the notification was for a like that I've given, but there is always one I've received at the top of the list as well. It seems that the software isn't always simultaneous with the notifications, and combines them. Nevertheless, this isn't something we have much control over. It's the only currently supported Likes plug in that also works with Tapatalk.

10. Likes Spooky liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    I give likes all the time and I don't get any notifications. We've tried test accounts with all kinds of different settings and still do not get those notifications. Sometimes it appears as if the notification was for a like that I've given, but there is always one I've received at the top of the list as well. It seems that the software isn't always simultaneous with the notifications, and combines them. Nevertheless, this isn't something we have much control over. It's the only currently supported Likes plug in that also works with Tapatalk.
    I just don't get worked up over it, I'm used to being "liked" in society...so wtf is another one ?

12. Likes Seriously, OTGabe, Chase, Spooky liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwana's post
    Seriously un-liked this post

Ooooops

14. Likes OTGabe, Spooky, Nokie liked this post
    I got use to it and move on... the weird thing is it's a bit random sometime it tell's me I have like something other times it don't haha so yeah gots to live with it so don't let it annoy ya as it wont change anything
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

16. Likes Spooky liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post

Ooooops
    That's the other thing, I've not seen where or how to "un-like" a "like"

not it that it really matters

18. Likes Spooky liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    That's the other thing, I've not seen where or how to "un-like" a "like"

not it that it really matters
    Is that like "unfriending" a "friend" on Facebook ?

20. Likes Spooky liked this post