Likes Likes:  2,400
Page 233 of 254 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2534

Thread: What are you drinking?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I'll come visit ya if you fancy un bierre
    Je voudrais une bière avec toi, oui merci.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Je voudrais une bière avec toi, oui merci.
    Sweet. I've met a fair few from on here now. Almost met Marco a few times but hurricanes (in the UK!!) had other plans, his plane was redirected. I was basically at the airport when he cancelled. Starting to think he doesn't really wanna meet me... Maybe Olly's last experience put him off.

Spoken on zoom a bunch though.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

3. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Epic birthday dinner last night with our friends - he turned 71, retired from the wine trade a few years ago. I used to be on the list for Montebello futures, when it was well below $100/bottle. I had no idea how high the prices would go 15 years later. We thought of it as investments in future enjoyment, not in monetary value. Wine of the night for me might have been the Schrader Beckstoffer GIII.

Name:  23Dec2023WinesSM.jpeg
Views: 33
Size:  141.9 KB
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Savagely Average
    Name:  20231224_104418.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  89.2 KB

6. Likes skywatch, geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Epic birthday dinner last night with our friends - he turned 71, retired from the wine trade a few years ago. I used to be on the list for Montebello futures, when it was well below $100/bottle. I had no idea how high the prices would go 15 years later. We thought of it as investments in future enjoyment, not in monetary value. Wine of the night for me might have been the Schrader Beckstoffer GIII.

Name:  23Dec2023WinesSM.jpeg
Views: 33
Size:  141.9 KB
    Reminds me of a pic from a weekend a couple of years ago. Will have to share when I locate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes skywatch, Mediocre liked this post
    [QUOTE=skywatch;613754]Epic birthday dinner last night with our friends - he turned 71, retired from the wine trade a few years ago. I used to be on the list for Montebello futures, when it was well below $100/bottle. I had no idea how high the prices would go 15 years later. We thought of it as investments in future enjoyment, not in monetary value. Wine of the night for me might have been the Schrader Beckstoffer GIII.

/QUOTE]

Since I haven't shared in a while...this is from July 2022. Went to visit friends at their lake house in Elkhart Lake Wisconsin for the Road America Vintage Race Car Weekend. Lots of pics from the races BTW. We got there on Thursday night and had a few people stop by while we were there but here's the line up of wines we consumed in order from right to left!

Name:  S1010342.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  168.3 KB

10. Likes skywatch, Mediocre, Strela167 liked this post
    Still sorry that I had to cancel way back then, but your Eunice was doing me no favors.

I know I’ve done two failed attempts, but Ollie’s experiences have no effect whatsoever on me. I’m up to all the risks involved.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Almost met Marco a few times but hurricanes (in the UK!!) had other plans, his plane was redirected. I was basically at the airport when he cancelled. Starting to think he doesn't really wanna meet me... Maybe Olly's last experience put him off.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Col Angus View Post

Since I haven't shared in a while...this is from July 2022. Went to visit friends at their lake house in Elkhart Lake Wisconsin for the Road America Vintage Race Car Weekend. Lots of pics from the races BTW. We got there on Thursday night and had a few people stop by while we were there but here's the line up of wines we consumed in order from right to left!

Name:  S1010342.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  168.3 KB
    I recognize a few of those labels. Sounds like an epic month.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

13. Likes Col Angus liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post
    Still sorry that I had to cancel way back then, but your Eunice was doing me no favors.

I know I’ve done two failed attempts, but Ollie’s experiences have no effect whatsoever on me. I’m up to all the risks involved.
    Haha! Don't apologise mate - the second time was not your fault at all - you literally flew all the way here. The first *was* my fault, I'd double booked or something, I forget.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    I recognize a few of those labels. Sounds like an epic month.
    An epic 4 days! Some spectacular wines including the 20+ year old Ornellaia Bolgheri that didn’t seem anywhere near its full maturity and a beautiful 2008 Echezeaux!
    Our hosts that weekend, Dan and Linda will be visiting us here in Georgia in February. Should be quite a weekend as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes skywatch liked this post