Likes Likes:  31
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaps new Seiko models!

Heaps new Seiko models!

'Sup guys!

Adding to the recent news of Seiko's new lineup paying tribute to Giorgetto Giugiaro designed Seikos from the 1980s.....

http://www.seiko-watch.co.jp/spirit/giugiaro/

And a new Spirit Smart collection with all the camp hipster appeal of a Shinola but with a hacking/handwinding automatic movement and display back....

http://www.seiko-watch.co.jp/spirit/emotion/

Aaaaaand the new Brightz Azabu Tailor collaboration 6R15 powered watches...

http://www.seiko-watch.co.jp/bz/mechanical/azabu/

I was perusing the Seiko website I notice even more added models!
    Some new Presage models featuring the 6R15 and 6R24 movements, the SARX027 and SARD007....

http://www.seiko-watch.co.jp/presage/prestige/03/

And also a new addition to the limited Seiko Brightz automatic chronograph SDGZ013, the SDGZ015 is like the love child between said chrono and a cocktail time.

http://www.seiko-watch.co.jp/p_searc...php?no=SDGZ015

Along with the new SARG mechanical field watches, I....I just feel so overwhelmed in Seiko!
    Feel like buying something...Anyone like what they see?

Date.....date......date.....date.....date......
    No.

Admiring the Presage's dial surface though. Cute.

Along with my endless exasperation at the impossibility of seeing a modern Seiko without a date window, I'm bemused by their attachment to subdividing minute markers on non-chrono watches. Totally pointless, just nonsense semiotics.

Please could you tell us about the Brightz line, in terms of what extra quality it enjoys. I read something vague about improved finishing.

Edit: while I was googling I found these photos of the new SDGM003 - http://uhrforum.de/neue-uhr-seiko-br...-2#post2369173
    Last edited by Der Amf; Jan 7, 2015 at 09:41 AM.

4. Likes Domo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Along with my endless exasperation at the impossibility of seeing a modern Seiko without a date window, I'm bemused by their attachment to subdividing minute markers on non-chrono watches. Totally pointless, just nonsense semiotics.

Please could you tell us about the Brightz line, in terms of what extra quality it enjoys. I read something vague about improved finishing.

Edit: while I was googling I found these photos of the new SDGM003 - http://uhrforum.de/neue-uhr-seiko-br...-2#post2369173
    Oooooh! Ja, Das ist gut!

Traditionally, the Brightz lineup used a higher class of movements, usually the 8L35 variants, 4S15 variants and 6S37 variants (chrono). Since the 4S is out, the 6S is going out, and the 8L is heading for Prospex, they're been replaced by the 6R15 variants, 6R2x variants (3.5hz multi-hand) and 8R28 (chrono). Two things that have retained are the extra complexity and quality to the casework and the "super-clear" Diashield scratch resistant coating. All the dial appliqués, hands, etc are of a higher quality than a SARB or similar as well.

I hear your point on date windows - Seiko seems to be in a serious relationship with them lately. Seiko doesn't have a version of the 6Rxx (which powers most of its mid range watches) with the first stop on the crown removed to accommodate no-date watches, but it might well be in the pipeline.

IF one were to buy a Giugiaro chrono (they're only like $320) which colour would one choose??

6. Likes Der Amf liked this post

Heaps new Seiko models!

I've been looking at GG Quartz Chrono for a few weeks now. I just can't decide which configuration I like the best.

That Spirit Smart is a mess in so many ways, Shinola pulls this look off so much better. That bracelet looks like an aftermarket that someone found left over in a drawer. It does not go with the watch at all. This style cries for a strap, but please not day glow blue.

Favorite is the Prestige. Love that it has a RR style hands and markers, and the retrograde hands are done in a very cool indented manner that is very unique. Generally I don't like this style, but I like this one. i even like the cupcake crown.
    Last edited by Samanator; Jan 7, 2015 at 09:11 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

8. Likes Domo liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Don't forget the new 50th Anniversary Prospex dive watches.

SBDC027

SBDX012

10. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Not to bad, but also still prefer the GS models without date. Often thought of buying one, but than again I don't think I'll wear it.

Also do like the MarineMaster, but mostly because of it's great finish.

They're getting better.
    Besides, what could go wrong with re-issuing the Giugiaros? Smart move.

PS: They really should hire me as a consultant if they wanna step up their game.

13. Likes Domo liked this post
    I've always loved the MM, it's just too big for me ...wish they made it in a smaller version.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I've been looking at GG Quartz Chrono for a few weeks now. I just can't decide which configuration I like the best.

That Spirit Smart is a mess in so many ways, Shinola pulls this look off so much better. That bracelet looks like an aftermarket that someone found left over in a drawer. It does not go with the watch at all. This style cries for a strap, but please note day glow blue.

Favorite is the Prestige. Love that it has a RR style hands and markers, and the retrograde hands are done in a very cool indented manner that is very unique. Generally I don't like this style, but I like this one. i even like the cupcake crown.
    I normally am not a fan of ANY Seikos with a 6R24 and the "grumpy cat" face but that new SARD007 is gorgeous! Even more so than the regular 3 hand version.

Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    Don't forget the new 50th Anniversary Prospex dive watches.
    Post was getting too long, LOL. Yeah there's heap of new Prospexes as well. I'm not much a fan of the mini-MM300 SBDC027, but I quite like the new 6R15 orange monster, SBDC023. Bit pricey but the 6R is an improvement and cyclops looks quite good IMO. Of course, the gold MM300 is gonna sell like hotcakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolitano View Post
    They're getting better.
    Besides, what could go wrong with re-issuing the Giugiaros? Smart move.

PS: They really should hire me as a consultant if they wanna step up their game.
    Get in line, LOL.

So, people! Which colour chrono is your favourite??

16. Likes OTGabe, Chronopolitano liked this post