Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **** What was the first Russian watch that got you addicted to collecting them ****

**** What was the first Russian watch that got you addicted to collecting them ****

Well I was chatting about Russian watch and someone had said I had a few well I might have one or two haha .
    but I was trying to think where I had got my first and which one was it and it was this.

a zim from the Maslennikov watch factory afraid no longer with us

pulled down in the end of 2007 start of 2008 I think it was so my one.. I think is from the mid nineties so let's see yours
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes OhDark30, Strela167 liked this post
    My first was rather predictable , it's the good old scuba dude . I had this a while and it was not until a GTG that OhDark30 organised and i saw her collection and Arktika1148 that i realized what i was missing . Since then as usual the collection has grown and the next was a Poljot from Julian , and many more. DW.

Name:  P1050512 1 (640x480).jpg
Views: 161
Size:  199.4 KB

Name:  P1090019 2 (600x450).jpg
Views: 161
Size:  223.1 KB

yeah a few of the one's I have has come via oh dark very keen eye she has for them and not just the Russian one's to got some great one's in my collection thanks to oh d
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

5. Likes DJW GB, OhDark30 liked this post
    yes think my second to join the collection was this 1970/80 what I like to call a vossie lot easy to say than... vostok komandirskie submarine commander watch.. well it is for me any ways here it is
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

7. Likes DJW GB, OhDark30 liked this post
    premature curmudgeon ken_sturrock's Avatar
    I guess I became interested in Russian watches, initially, because of the "Giant Russian Diver" fashion. I realized that these watches were usually tourist items but, it got me interested in learning about the history of the Russian Watch industry. Later, I was assigned to work in a former Soviet country and was learning the Russian language (a beautiful and complicated language of which I am unworthy....). That re-fired my interest in the watches. My first Russian watch was sold under several names but I knew it as a "стриже" (Swift - like the bird). This watch had a 3133 chronograph movement and an inner rotating bezel for a second 12 hour time zone. After that, I bought a JL 3133 powered "стрела" (Arrow) copy/homage/reissue/whatever. After that, I bought a 40th anniversary Yuri Gagarin "ШТУРМАНСКИЕ" (Steer man) reissue. I eventually passed both the стриже and the Gagarin off to people who love them but I kept the Strela.

9. Likes is that my watch, DJW GB, OhDark30 liked this post
    The Russian watch I always wanted...

The Radio operator

This got me interested in Russians, but I could never find one, so I bought this Raketa

(Now in the custody of ITMW) it was a lovely piece, but didn't quite light my fire

Then during the holidays I found this

Not the Radio operator, but a submarine
    This hits the spot beautifully!

Now from this point I see the future and the future says vostok!

My first one was a Vostok Amphibian Radio Room SE.

TBH, I have had a number of Russian watches at this point but I am basically only interested in Amphibians.

I will add a Strela 3107 and Strumaniske Gargin at some point though.

12. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    Not my first , but the one that was a dead cert. for me was the K43 re-issue.

Name:  LGIM0279.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  191.6 KB

At the time no longer available anywhere so asked the works. Had a black dialed but on request found a white and swapped. Paperwork still for black on reciept.
    Stunner imo. Well made.Good lume too.

http://bdwf.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=90

A little research led to a few re-issues too

14. Likes OhDark30, DJW GB, is that my watch liked this post
    I've only had three...but two more did pass through my possession quickly...and this was the first:

ps wish I had got myself a Photobucket account ages ago! It makes *such* a difference
    Last edited by Der Amf; Jul 6, 2015 at 11:16 AM.

16. Likes OhDark30, is that my watch, Strela167 liked this post
    Only got three but the first was the Big Zero.
    Name:  20150505_115923.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  47.7 KB

Edited: Oops, remembered I actually have 4 russians... well.

18. Likes OhDark30, is that my watch, Strela167 liked this post