Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Seiko Existing Inventory

Grand Seiko Existing Inventory

I was just wondering what Seiko will do with existing Grand Seikos now that they've spun the brand off. Will they discount existing models with the dual branding? Just ship existing inventory back to HQ?
    I saw a boutique exclusive piece in the NYC boutique last year and I'm wondering if a deal could be had? Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Instagram: @ryanwearswatches

Blog Entries
    If anyone spots one of those 70% discounts at Ashford or Gemnation or somewhere, would you please let us know?
    (Alas I won't be holding my breath.)
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

I am behind on the news. What do you mean by "spun off the brand"?

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    If anyone spots one of those 70% discounts at Ashford or Gemnation or somewhere, would you please let us know?
    (Alas I won't be holding my breath.)
    OK, but only AFTER my order has been confirmed!

5. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    I am behind on the news. What do you mean by "spun off the brand"?
    Probably overstated for effect. They simply moved the "GS" logo up top to replace "Seiko" and put "Grand Seiko" under it. You can learn more on this Baselworld thread: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...l-News-Rumours
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Blog Entries
    I really doubt they'd be recalled or anything. But I would expect existing stock to be sold off at a slightly larger discount than you could muster before the change.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

They'll have been ramping down supplies anyway and clearing factory inventory I'd guess.

But I'd also guess there will be some shifted to grey market.

There also might be customers wanting the old look, so sales might not drop off significantly for the old stock.

I mean it's not as like a certain UK company who likes to change the branding almost every year
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

I think I'll wait, until they start to give them away...

Rolex made a more critical move last year. They certified new watches to +/- 2 seconds after casing, extended the warranty, and extended to service interval to 8-10 years. No watches were returned to Rolex, they just sold out inventory until the new ones flowed in. Omega has also shifted it's watches with the master chronometer movement and markings and has sold out the old inventory until the new arrived to replace sold out older models. Neither of these increased the grey market more than it was before. GS is making a minor marking change on the dial. Don't hold your breath for grey market dumping of watches, or discounts for these.
    Last edited by Samanator; Apr 4, 2017 at 10:29 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

11. Likes happyscrappyheropup, Domo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I really doubt they'd be recalled or anything. But I would expect existing stock to be sold off at a slightly larger discount than you could muster before the change.
    Why? It's just marking. Some may want the old classic since it has been that way for a long time. The newer may be less desirable to some?
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!