Likes Likes:  2

Thread: ORIENT M-Force WV0021DV Titanium and ORIENT M-Force WV0021EL

ORIENT M-Force WV0021DV Titanium and ORIENT M-Force WV0021EL

I was looking at the newer Seiko Monster (the JDM SBDC023) today and came across these Orients. When the Seiko Monster originally came out I bought one for my two brothers and myself for $95 a piece including shipping. The price did creep up some over the years, but you could still get one on a bracelet for $160-$180. I think with the movement change Seiko has driven the Monster price up to the point (About $450) that it is harder to justify. To that point I present the ORIENT M-Force WV0021DV Titanium at $385. It has a automatic w/handwind & hacking movement, is an air diver with a Titanium case. The only potential issue with this is the 48mm size. Slightly smaller at 46mm and in SS is the ORIENT M-Force WV0021EL with a hacking and Handwind movement with Pwr at $283.00. All of these including the New Monster can be found for a little less but I think the Orient are very compelling at $75-$150 under the monster price. I know Orient has a few at a lower price, but they have that extra button that voids the comparison. Generally the Orients in this price range (or more) were usually better regulated than their Seiko counterparts, from my experience.

M-Force Titanium

M-Force SS

In my mind these are the new Monsters, they just come from that other Seiko division. What do you think?
    Last edited by Samanator; Jan 16, 2015 at 02:58 AM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

I like the look of the Orient M Force's, I'm thinking of picking up this one a little later in the year, along with one of the new Prospex monsters (SRP581) actually.

I also agree that the new 6R15 Monsters are hard to justify, especially when the 4R36 Monsters are still in production and are half the price.
    Grand Seiko SBGR053 ¦ Nomos Tangomat Datum ¦ ​Tudor Pelagos ¦ ​Grand Seiko SBGA011

I think they are very nice and overlooked by alot of people. They make great dive watches.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

These look like a evolution of what some use to call the Revolver. These used an older Seiko movement that were pretty well regulated, but did not support hacking or handwinding (just like the older 300 saturation diver).

Here is the older Blue & Yellow Revolver:

My main point was to show there are some options now that the newer Monsters have priced themselves out. Does anyone have one of these newer Orients that can take a case measurements, since I find it hard to believe these are bigger than the 300 saturation diver? I'm think it may include the crown guard?
    Last edited by Samanator; Jan 12, 2015 at 08:43 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

5. Likes iyonk liked this post
    So I decided to take the plunge on these. I ordered the WV0021DV as pictured and ordered the Orange version of Blue SS one. I hope it is the same oranges as the 300 Saturation diver. It's a much better shade than the monster. Here is the picture:

http://www.discountwatchstore.com/ had the watch at $305 with the claimed retail of $710. They were nearly $100 or more off of other sources. The Blue versions for some reason is listed at $30-$50 less yet is identical.
    Last edited by Samanator; Jan 14, 2015 at 07:53 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

7. Likes TokyoLunch liked this post