Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tried on the GSOTM yesterday....

Tried on the GSOTM yesterday....

Had the opportunity to try on the GSOTM yesterday at the Seattle boutique, so I thought I'd share some pics.

It wears very nicely, even on my 6" wrists. The lug to lug isn't too bad for a 44mm watch, which surprised me. The case finishing is amazing. I really liked the high polished ceramic case, it looks more like a polished titanium case in person. The Titanium dial is pretty cool too, has sort of a shimmery effect and Omega's done a really good job with the lume on it.

I wasn't even considering this piece before, but after trying it out now, I think I can pull it off. Now I have to decide if I should go for this or the Geophysic later this year....

Wrist shot:

Profile shot, you can see it wears quite nicely for a 44mm watcg.

Comparo shot next to my 38mm El Primero, really highlights the short l2l

2. Likes timekeeper, muddy250 liked this post
    Thanks for sharing the pictures. I hadn't seen a shot that captures how shiny the ceramic is.

It's a lovely piece, and they've done a fantastic job on the ceramic.

But it looks far too big for your wrists, both the top and bottom lugs reach over the end of your wrists, the strap seems to just drop down.

Your El primero is twice as nice.

6. Likes Nokie liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    Your El primero is twice as nice.
    I would have to agree

I like the el primero more... The short lug2lug of the gsotm just throws me off, when compared to the el primero it looks like a rather heavy set guy with very short limbs. The el primero's look is just better and more balanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current and Collection:
    Rolex Submariner No-Date Ceramic, Rolex GMT Master II Ceramic, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Datejust II, Rolex Milgauss ZBlue, Omega Speedmaster Pro, Tudor Hydonaut, Tudor Blackbay, Tudor Pelagos

I like the dial and the slick look of the ceramic material, but the Zenith is still something I find more attractive.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

This and the Geophysic are the top 2 on my current list.

Part of me is thinking if I spend the same budget I can have the GSOTM or the Geophysic in steel plus a Nomos Orion 1989 for a bit of grey.

Chances of finding all three available the same day for decision time seems slim though
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

That is a killer piece but, I think a moon watch would fit your wrist better. What do I know? If you like it , rock it out!
    Omega Speedmaster Ed White

Omega PO Chrono 45
    Rolex DSSD
    Seiko Pogue gold
    Deep Blue diver
    Zodiac oceanaire
    many Citizen and Seiko from the years.

Quote Originally Posted by timekeeper View Post
    That is a killer piece but, I think a moon watch would fit your wrist better. What do I know? If you like it , rock it out!
    I'm good on the moonwatch front...for now.

13. Likes MarkO liked this post