Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raketa 24hr

Hybrid View

Raketa 24hr

Just bought this

Wanted one for years but don't know much about em.

I do know it's more or less a radio operator

If anyone can help, please enlighten me on the models history.

Thanks!

2. Likes is that my watch, DJW GB liked this post
    good looking watch got any pics of the movement ? good find
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Here are the technical data:

Manufacturer: Raketa
    Caliber: 2623.H
    Number of jewels: 19
    escapement

Functions of the clock:
    - 24-hour display, minutes, seconds
    Housing: chromed brass, domed acrylic glass

Dimensions:
    Width (without crown): 39mm
    Length (from horn to horn): 43 mm
    Height: 11 mm
    Lug Width: 18 mm

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

6. Likes Kevinw liked this post
    I'm fairly new to the Russian watches but the paketa 2623 h is the right movement for the watch so that's good looks like it's n.o.s stock
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

long name for it as well ....Raketa Antarctic Submariner 24h Ussr Soviet Russian Military Watch..... so what's the nick name going to be there's a few

I like ras 24 personally
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

9. Likes Kevinw liked this post
    RAS 24 works for me.

Anyone else got 24 hour watches?

not really I got one's that show 24hrs and 12 hrs but the thing is with a proper 24 hrs one.. the hour hands only goes round the dial once compared to a 12 hrs watch where it twice.. if that makes sense but there is four I got my eyes on and when they fall with in my price bracket I will be having them away lol
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

12. Likes Kevinw liked this post
    Here's one "in the mail" to me. 2623-H movement. 24h dial. Cities of the world (and all other markings), in Cyrillic - there are close cousins marked "Made in USSR".

Is it ironic that it ships with a NATO strap?

Seems to be outgoing from Russian customs as I type. I should have it in my hands in a week, or three.

I found this one while looking at Antarctica commemorative versions - which were also listed as 2623-H movements, but with no added bezel and with only one crown. I'm curious - is the second crown completely independent of the watch movement - and contols only the bezel? That makes some sense to me - but I will remain curious until I actually have it in hand.

While I was initially attracted to the commemorative Antarctica dial, I ultimately decided that those watches were souvenirs, and this one was more functional. What do you think?

Name:  raketaAntarcticSub.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  46.4 KB
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

14. Likes is that my watch, DJW GB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by KennethRSloan View Post
    Here's one "in the mail" to me. 2623-H movement. 24h dial. Cities of the world (and all other markings), in Cyrillic - there are close cousins marked "Made in USSR".

Is it ironic that it ships with a NATO strap?

Seems to be outgoing from Russian customs as I type. I should have it in my hands in a week, or three.

I found this one while looking at Antarctica commemorative versions - which were also listed as 2623-H movements, but with no added bezel and with only one crown. I'm curious - is the second crown completely independent of the watch movement - and contols only the bezel? That makes some sense to me - but I will remain curious until I actually have it in hand.

While I was initially attracted to the commemorative Antarctica dial, I ultimately decided that those watches were souvenirs, and this one was more functional. What do you think?

Name:  raketaAntarcticSub.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  46.4 KB
    total agree your's is a world time type one which.. is what it is suppose to do all business it is one of the four I have my eye on the artics are very nice but are more there to look pretty there is nothing wrong in that I will have to put up a few pics when I get round to it of the four I am looking at there two all business and two all pretty lol . but I find I can read them better then I can the jump hours haha

very nice catch

I could be mistaken but I would have thought the second crown just works the internal bezel with the world city's on it
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy