Likes Likes:  35
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch boxes

Watch boxes

Do you keep your watches in a box/case? On the dresser or always in the winder maybe? I'm thinking about getting a watch box. You guys have posted some nice ones in the past. Any recommendations? Got pics?

My closet has a nice little pull-out for watches, where I keep them.

Along with a few hundred ties, pocket squares, and cuff links.

Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    My closet has a nice little pull-out for watches, where I keep them.

Along with a few hundred ties, pocket squares, and cuff links.
    Sounds like a good option. Is it made for watches or was it appropriated for them?

And what's the combination?

I have two identical boxes, one I bought on eBay years ago, the other a gift, also years ago. Not sure if they are still available. I don't see any of my own pics in my files (they are somewhere), but these are their pics I copied some time back. I don't see this exact box shown on their website or eBay store anymore, but they have lots of other options.

Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

5. Likes Ryan liked this post
    Savagely Average
    No clue what the watch box options are. I bought a 20 watch case, with a 10-watch display top, off the classifieds. It was less than $20 to my door, so I had little to lose. Great investment, it really livens up my desk.

It is time to get an additional box or unload some watches though....

Quote Originally Posted by RYANBROOKLYNBOSTON View Post
    Sounds like a good option. Is it made for watches or was it appropriated for them?

And what's the combination?
    I actually found them at Ikea, and re-purposed them for my closet. Not originally made for watches, at least I don't think so.

8. Likes Ryan liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    I actually found them at Ikea, and re-purposed them for my closet. Not originally made for watches, at least I don't think so.
    I like that idea.

I have a few watch boxes, but I intend to order a couple of these aluminium cases:

(pic from web)

Name:  Aluminium case.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  80.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    ...Great investment, it really livens up my desk...
    I hear you. From what I've seen from members in various threads, a nice box seems to really liven up the dresser or desk; kind of showcase the watches. I tend to wear one watch for a few months at a time, so keeping mine in winders isn't really necessary.

Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by RYANBROOKLYNBOSTON View Post
    I hear you. From what I've seen from members in various threads, a nice box seems to really liven up the dresser or desk; kind of showcase the watches. I tend to wear one watch for a few months at a time, so keeping mine in winders isn't really necessary.
    I did not go with winders either. If I am in that much of a hurry in the morning, I have a few solar/quartz watches I can fall back on for the day.