Likes Likes:  68
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New (to her) watch for my wife

New (to her) watch for my wife

Disappointingly, my wife's Rolex stopped and won't restart. It's 15yrs old, a daily wearer, and only 3yrs out from it's last ($700!!!) full service. She doesn't wear it during any rough activities, so it's frustrating that something went wrong with it.

My wife was not happy about being without a watch for a few months, so I've been looking around for something that would work for her without cutting into my watch budget too much The second hand market on WUS, TZ, etc, doesn't have too many ladies watches, but I was happy to see this Omega come up.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-...e-3111234.html

Quartz, 30mm, serviced with full kit.

It was tough trying to figure out a good price. Jomashop had them for ~$1700 new, eBay had some that were $1000-2000+ in various states of wear and with/without accessories. I offered $1450 and the seller accepted.

Going to surprise her with it when it arrives. Hope she likes it!

She will LOVE it!

I always appreciate a great quartz, especially from a great Brand.. this one gonna be endure well,, keep us update Wayne..

3. Likes happyscrappyheropup, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    She will LOVE it!

I always appreciate a great quartz, especially from a great Brand.. this one gonna be endure well,, keep us update Wayne..
    It has to be quartz. I didn't want to buy her another auto since it would take up space on my winder 😁

-- Wayne

5. Likes iyonk, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    It has to be quartz. I didn't want to buy her another auto since it would take up space on my winder

7. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    She will love it it's a BEAUTY Wayne
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

9. Likes JAGtime, happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    That's a beauty, Wayne. Good size, great looks, and a perfect watch to have while one's Rolex is back in service. Excellent choice!

Jane

11. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Gorgeous! Good choice. My wife it murderous on leather straps, so I need to make sure her watches have bracelets or cheap straps (the former for her Ebel).
    I hope the missus digs it--and appreciates the thought and effort you expended on her behalf
    Brad

great choice Wayne -i would be tempted to feminise it with a great leather preferably in her favourite colour ! possibly something like lyonks red -would look really cool

14. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Beautiful choice. I learned the hard way that Mrs. Skywatch strongly prefers quartz to mechanical.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    great choice Wayne -i would be tempted to feminise it with a great leather preferably in her favourite colour ! possibly something like lyonks red -would look really cool

Great idea. Once it gets here I'll see what colors work with it.

Quote Originally Posted by watch carefully View Post
    Gorgeous! Good choice. My wife it murderous on leather straps, so I need to make sure her watches have bracelets or cheap straps (the former for her Ebel).
    I hope the missus digs it--and appreciates the thought and effort you expended on her behalf
    Brad

She's only had her Datejust on jubilee, she never wore a watch before I bought that for her. I'll see if she likes it off the bracelet, but we'll start on steel.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGtime View Post
    That's a beauty, Wayne. Good size, great looks, and a perfect watch to have while one's Rolex is back in service. Excellent choice!

Jane

Thanks, Jane. I think it checks off all the right boxes.

17. Likes shameless, iyonk, JAGtime liked this post