Y'all know I'm a sucker for Bathys watches (among others ) and so I backed John's project on Kickstarter as soon as I got his email about it long ago. I selected the 100F Quartz as it's a good looking watch with the right size and Quartz makes it a great grab & go option. This watch is so perfect for our Florida vacations. Furthermore, they were improving the crown and tube, which was always the one area I had trouble with especially with big fingers. They also were finally making the OEM strap longer plus there was to be a new dial color
It was a no brainer for me. There can also be obtained directly from their site for 369$ iiirc with a "à la carte" pricing.
Not being able to decide on whether to grab another black dial or the new new Orange, I asked Jon last minute to ship both to me and sent him PayPal $ for the second one since he got plenty of stock and they sell on his site outside of kickstarter.
Well the crown is definitely much easier to handle and operates much easier. Just a cleaner process overall. The strap is not just a bit longer, it's much longer. I'm only on the second hole and it's not right. I got lots of tail The strap is well made and quality is good with padding in the middle. The ends are a bit think and don't quite fill the lugs when on my small wrist.
I've always liked the big date window and so glad that stayed on this model. The black chapter ring/rehaut on the Orange model really works well and ties into the black of the date wheel, text and markers surrounds.
The red hand is not as much a problem as I anticipated based on John's photo. It stands out more and works ok. It's not ideal, Id still prefer a different color but I don't mind it now that I have it on my wrist. Truth is it works.
My kickstarter package came with the leather strap, T shirt and john also included a Hawaii calendar for each watch. I also was surprised to see a couple of rubber strap in an envelope with a letter and warranty card. I didn't get the optional pelican case. I think they are available for $25 but don't quote me on that.
The watch is otherwise the same case you all know with a great versatile size and well finished silver PVD coated SS. Also it still has slight barely noticeable dome I always loved and gives a cool reflection at some angles and plays well the numerals on the dial.
Summary: I love them
Now I need to figure out what strap I'll wear or buy for the Orange version though the new 22 mm Timefactors will work just fine.
Well I'm done a few quick iPhone pics I just took after leaving the PO
B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah