Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On line shopping

On line shopping

One of my patients who is not short of a few bob and has quite a number of expensive watches told me he uses Alan Furman for purchases as repairs. He said his last purchase was a Platinum President Rolex.
    I had a look at the website and they have some specific watches listed but on some brands they just say tell us what you want and we will quote you 25-28% off retail.
    I presume grey market, but anyone here have any experience with this site?

Alanfurman.com
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    I had a look at the website and they have some specific watches listed but on some brands they just say tell us what you want and we will quote you 25-28% off retail.
    I think (hope) you mean % OFF retail !

Example:
    http://www.alanfurman.com/arnold-son/

Gotta be grey market sourced, as they're not listed as a dealer on Arnold's site.
    http://www.arnoldandson.com/north-am...type=r&lang=EN

Yes, you were quicker than my edit !
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

They been around for a long time and are an OK grey market dealer. Some will say no grey market dealers are ok but I like saving $ where I could from reliable sources and yeah...taxes to.

I've got no problem with grey market

I've picked up several watches and other stuff.
    I do have a problem with manufacturers who won't deal with you once they discover yours is grey market sourced.

6. Likes Perseus liked this post
    I have bought three watches from Alan Furman....I use Sergio, all of mine came with stamped warranties from the Authorized Dealer.
    One a large Florida dealer, two from a well known Beverly Hills Dealer.....Alan is located in Maryland. Buy with confidence from him, I do...

8. Likes Der Amf, MarkO liked this post
    I have never purchased from them, but a buddy of mine has and had good experiences both times.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

10. Likes MarkO liked this post
    Nothing wrong with grey market traders. I wouldn't own my two Omegas without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Feather View Post
    ...all of mine came with stamped warranties from the Authorized Dealer.
    I assume that means if there's a problem, you can send it to the manufacturer? Some of the GM guys will advertise "with papers", presumably implying the same thing. I guess the manufacturer doesn't know (or doesn't bother to check) whether someone has actually bought the watch from that dealer, or if the dealer simply sold it on to a GM dealer? I've always been a little uneasy about this. The only GM stuff I've bought has come without the warranty card, which I knew in advance meant GM dealer's warranty only.

I have not purchased anything from him, but I've seen his stuff and have heard good things. I wouldn't hesitate at all - if not for grey market, I wouldn't have as many watches that I want. I am aware of the warranty time frame risk but willing to take the gamble if the discount is big enough. After a 100 or so purchases, majority grey, not problems encountered. I know odds are not favoring me going forward but I'll probably still look at grey first . . .