Likes Likes:  104
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Modifications

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinw View Post
    Did you have a go at the hydro mod ITMW?
    not yet got the oil and went and got a f91 just not had the time to have a go at the fish tank lol ... thinking of changing it up slightly by adding a bit of food colouring to it when I get some and the time to give it a bit of maybe a blue tinge to it or maybe green or something ? what you think ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes Kevinw liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace McLoud View Post
    I've done a few mods. This started out as a Soki Sub copy:

Attachment 8347

This was a Bagelsport Sub:

Attachment 8348
    hey mate nice to see you here and loving them two mods you have done would be happy to have either of them two in my collection
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

4. Likes Ace McLoud, The Watch Smeller liked this post

SKX009 with 6R15 movement.

6. Likes Kevinw liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinw View Post
    Here's the place to show us any cool mods you've done.

I'll start with a very simple but fun mod on an F91W.

This is called the Hydro mod.

It has a couple of practical purposes.
    First, it makes the F91 totally waterproof
    Secondly it takes away any refraction, therefore absolutely no glare!

Right you need an F91 and you need to strip it, but leave the module in the case

Now you need a bowl and some extra virgin olive oil

The oil is thick enough that it won't seep past the seals, also because the case is full nothing else can get in.
    Hence water proof
    I've seen this done before but never with olive oil. I wonder if it can be done with any clear oil? It would be good done with a completely clear oil so it actually looks like water. How did you realise it could be done with olive oil? Genius!

8. Likes Kevinw liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by man of kent View Post
    I've seen this done before but never with olive oil. I wonder if it can be done with any clear oil? It would be good done with a completely clear oil so it actually looks like water. How did you realise it could be done with olive oil? Genius!
    Do it with goose fat so when it's warm on your wrist you can read it but when you take it off it goes totally white?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Do it with goose fat so when it's warm on your wrist you can read it but when you take it off it goes totally white?
    That, with a white cased casio would be hilarious. The opposite of blacked out.

11. Likes Der Amf, is that my watch, Kevinw liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by man of kent View Post
    That, with a white cased casio would be hilarious. The opposite of blacked out.
    Oh god I so want someone to try it

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Oh god I so want someone to try it
    was wondering if it work's on other models to but the white out would be funny indeed but would it get warm enough to melt ? suppose it all depends were you live am guessing not in England if the last few days are anything to go by
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    was wondering if it work's on other models to but the white out would be funny indeed but would it get warm enough to melt ? suppose it all depends were you live am guessing not in England if the last few days are anything to go by
    Will work with any water resistant digi.

Now I'm going to have to find some cool liquid for silly effects

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    If your arm was nice and warm and the watch was tucked under the cuff of your jumper....