Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Working on my 2015 watch plan

Working on my 2015 watch plan

I have been bouncing around in my head a watch I would never have considered before for 2015. To start with it is Ani/Digital which might as well come from Mars for me. The thing is it keeps popping into my head since the store manager that hosted the Omega event in Miami last summer asked me to try it on. Now I'm trying to justify a $5000 quartz watch. To date the Seiko Darth Tuna was the most expensive watch I've been able to talk myself into. The thing is it made such an impression on me on the wrist that it seems to keep popping into my head. The watch is the Speedmaster X-33 Skywalker and I have been visiting the Omega site every few days. I've looked at the other options from other brands and there is no interest there. Something about this one just has me hooked. Looking for everyones thoughts on this on to help me decide?

Here is it on my wrist this summer.
    Last edited by Samanator; Jan 12, 2015 at 01:42 AM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

I think its a great looking watch! It is different a +. Why not?
    Omega Speedmaster Ed White

Omega PO Chrono 45
    Rolex DSSD
    Seiko Pogue gold
    Deep Blue diver
    Zodiac oceanaire
    many Citizen and Seiko from the years.

I have mixed feelings about it. I like the design and style but I don't see myself using the digital features on a regular basis. Today's smart phones do so much more than any ani-digi. If I'm after fun features and tech my Garmin Fenix II has a slew of cool GPS functions and a accelerometer so it's perfect for triathlon and any outdoor activities.

All that left me wondering if a ani-digi made sense in the first place. Don't forget Tissot rolled out a new solar T-Touch that does everything the X-33 does plus more (compass, altimeter, barometer, temperature) and it's 1/5th of the price.

While it's not a great reason one thing that I do get from the Omega is a Ti bracelet that will fit the 45th Anniversary Apollo which they were showing at the summer Omega event I attended. The Tissot does not appear to be a Thermo-Compensated HEQ. When I look at a Tissot I see the next step up from a Casio Protech. The Omega and Breitlings seem to be the next step from the Tissot.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

If you like it, get it. Very unique and looks very comfortable.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Blog Entries
    I definitely think it's cool, but I'm an anadigi guy. Love them. I've had a TAG Aquaracer Chronotimer, a Casio anadigi, and most recently and currently, a Hamilton Flight Timer and Breitling B-1.

I'm a sucker for an anadigi--and it's how I like my quartz watches. A quartz watch, in my mind should be giving me something more than what a mechanical one does (and accuracy and durability alone don't count), and I get those functions and a soulful feeling from anadigis where a regular quartz chrono wouldn't really excite me.