Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gone but not forgotten: Linde Werdelin GMT picture review

rolex pic as answer guy mikeylacroix's Avatar

gone but not forgotten: Linde Werdelin GMT picture review

i like dive watches...it can go to 300m...that should work ya?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (I have sold this btw...just adding content)

sorry henry, no rays on this fella's caseback

wristshots for chase*

Last edited by mikeylacroix; Jan 12, 2015 at 10:20 AM.

2. Likes FuzzyB, M. Montaigne liked this post
    Those early LWs were great watches. I was disappointed when they decided to move upmarket and price themselves out of the somewhat affordable range.

I had an early Biformeter (aka, Two-Timer with a more traditional dive timer bezel). Like yours, mine is gone but not forgotten. The dial on yours was one of the best they made. It was great on both straps and bracelet.

Last edited by FuzzyB; Jan 12, 2015 at 12:47 AM.

4. Likes Chase liked this post
    Never "got it"....But I respect your choices Mikey, and your taste is impeccable....
    So.....must be something there.

Me neither. The dial is lovely but a GMT hand is the least useful complication on a dive watch. I've never wondered what time it is while I've been diving. In fact, I go diving to forget about home.....

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Feather View Post
    Never "got it"....But I respect your choices Mikey, and your taste is impeccable....
    So.....must be something there.
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

Quote Originally Posted by WWII70 View Post
    Me neither. The dial is lovely but a GMT hand is the least useful complication on a dive watch. I've never wondered what time it is while I've been diving. In fact, I go diving to forget about home.....
    I completely understand a GMT hand on a dive watch. If I were to go diving, it would have to be in a different time zone than where I live.

8. Likes Uber, ilitig8 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr AT View Post
    I completely understand a GMT hand on a dive watch. If I were to go diving, it would have to be in a different time zone than where I live.
    My thoughts exactly.

I don't tend to bring a lot of watches when I travel so a piece like that which works well in multiple venues and activities can be ideal.

Have not tried one of those on, but I suspect it has fantastic presence and looks great on the wrist.

And since you you neglected to post any wrist shots I'll just have to leave that to my imagination!
    Last edited by Chase; Jan 12, 2015 at 04:29 AM.

rolex pic as answer guy mikeylacroix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

I don't tend to bring a lot of watches when I travel so a piece like that which works well in multiple venues and activities can be ideal.

Have not tried one of those on, but I suspect it has fantastic presence and looks great on the wrist.

And since you you neglected to post any wrist shots I'll just have to leave that to my imagination!
    updated for ya
    especially on the bracelet its way solid

Better hope you don't get the GMT hand mixed up with the minute hand unless you fancy running out of air or some fizzy blood

Originally Posted by Mr AT I completely understand a GMT hand on a dive watch. If I were to go diving, it would have to be in a different time zone than where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

For years my old Rolex GMT was my dive watch, then my Ex wore it as her dive watch for a year.

I've got one myself, the version with the gold hands & indices. It's a great watch, fantastic presence, killer dial. Lume is practically non existent, I really wouldn't call it a dive watch per se. they do have other models which the call dive watches.

This is really just a good all rounder that you can travel with.

Although, looking at today's models & pricing, I think it'll be my last LW.