Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I go there again?

Should I go there again?

I found this picture from a few years ago when I had my Speedy on a NATO, I kind of liked it but haven't worn it for a long time. Worth a run again or not?

Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

2. Likes DM71 liked this post
    Obvious tastes vary and personal preference is what is most important, but if you're asking for opinion, I think it looks terrible. Nothing personal of course, just not my cup of tea.

Blog Entries
    Speedy on a NATO looks great, but only if it's black (if you wanna pretend you're an astronaut) or grey (if you wanna pretend to be some Poindexter-type working in Mission Control in July 1969).
    I've worn both types of NATO straps on my Speedy, but I tend to look a little more Mission Control Poindexter rather than astronaut.
    It's the tortoiseshell glasses and Michael Stipe hairline. Busts me every time.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

5. Likes CamB, CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Obvious tastes vary and personal preference is what is most important, but if you're asking for opinion, I think it looks terrible. Nothing personal of course, just not my cup of tea.
    haha! I appreciate your opinion.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

No.

Nah. But...trying new or revisiting old strap combinations has, on occasion, helped me to resist looking around for new watches!

9. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Geez gang, so many definite 'no's' here. NATO straps were good enough to secure a watch to the OUTSIDE of a spacesuit. And I won't get into the "cheap nylon strap on a multi-thousand dollar watch" argument, either. Like I've said in the old country (WUS), even a $200,000 Porsche has seatbelts made of nylon.
    Cam, get a black NATO. They're cheap as chips, so if you absolutely hate it, would won't be out of pocket more than ten or fifteen bucks. Check out an eBay seller named 'gligs'. Good quality, eight quid (when I bought one three years ago).

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

11. Likes is that my watch, CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    if you're asking for opinion, I think it looks terrible. Nothing personal of course, just not my cup of tea.
    In that shot, with you picking your nose,dressed smartly...This
    Last edited by Seriously; Jan 12, 2015 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    I found this picture from a few years ago when I had my Speedy on a NATO, I kind of liked it but haven't worn it for a long time. Worth a run again or not?

Can feel a lot of uncertainty in that picture.

14. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Well you will all be happy to know that my Jack Russell Terrier chewed the hell out of that particular strap! I may well get myself a black NATO for it T!
    Regards Cam

Watches

16. Likes Seriously liked this post