Likes Likes:  246
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: Suggestions Box

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Yes, I checked it. Still kinda fun, isn't it?
    No, I chose that one:

I'll just preempt Geoffbot's input to my post by describing it as a redfaced gonk withfire coming off his head
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    No, I chose that one:

I'll just preempt Geoffbot's input to my post by describing it as a redfaced gonk withfire coming off his head
    Ah! Got it!

3. Likes Seriously liked this post
    I don't know the details or reasons of what's going on but I think actions like the one with messing about with Alan's post are annoying, if not destructive to the forum. Perhaps there was humour in that, but I was worried that the forum possibly got hacked and what that would mean.

5. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    I don't know the details or reasons of what's going on but I think actions like the one with messing about with Alan's post are annoying, if not destructive to the forum.
    I think Geoffbot's hitting the sauce in the evening ......
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    I don't know the details or reasons of what's going on but I think actions like the one with messing about with Alan's post are annoying, if not destructive to the forum. Perhaps there was humour in that, but I was worried that the forum possibly got hacked and what that would mean.
    well my way of looking at it. if hacking was happening a mod would not say anything they would sort it out on the down low common sense really I thought the same as you briefly till I thought on it

..so just one mod playing with another mod was it puerile yes anything more no mean we have a very easy going atmosphere here compared to some we have our own spammer too soo think if we start to look at things to closely then it could change who and what we are
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    No, he's been messing about ........ again !

I think he's hitting the sauce in the evening ......
    Correct
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

9. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Blog Entries

The excruciations of ‘Reply with quote’

This isn’t so much a quibble with the forum infrastructure as it is a pet peeve of mine, and I’m trolling for suggestions on dealing with it.

Joe_random_user creates a post with a ton of pix. Suzie_random_user hits ‘Reply with quote’ which creates a post with the entirety of Joe_random_user’s original post which of course includes all seventy-three squintillion of his pix, at the bottom of which is Suzie_random_user’s response which is “Cool!”

The problem is that I have to scroll through a honkin’ long post to get to Suzie_random_user’s message, which is a single word. This drives me crackers, particularly when I’m viewing with my phone. I suppose one solution is to admonish folks to use Reply with quote only when they need to in order to reference a specific point in the OP’s post. Personally, when I use Reply with quote I edit my post to only quote the section to which I’m replying. I really wish others would do this too.

Since most people are shite at following rules might there be some way of dealing with this softwarily? Does vBulletin provide any functionality for doing this?
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    This isn’t so much a quibble with the forum infrastructure as it is a pet peeve of mine, and I’m trolling for suggestions on dealing with it.

Joe_random_user creates a post with a ton of pix. Suzie_random_user hits ‘Reply with quote’ which creates a post with the entirety of Joe_random_user’s original post which of course includes all seventy-three squintillion of his pix, at the bottom of which is Suzie_random_user’s response which is “Cool!”

The problem is that I have to scroll through a honkin’ long post to get to Suzie_random_user’s message, which is a single word. This drives me crackers, particularly when I’m viewing with my phone. I suppose one solution is to admonish folks to use Reply with quote only when they need to in order to reference a specific point in the OP’s post. Personally, when I use Reply with quote I edit my post to only quote the section to which I’m replying. I really wish others would do this too.

Since most people are shite at following rules might there be some way of dealing with this softwarily? Does vBulletin provide any functionality for doing this?

I totally get that. Ideally there would be a hybrid solution... keep the thread flow as usual, but when a photo appears, allow for comments underneath it like Instagram, that way all comments pertaining to that photo could be in one place. I don't know... I'm just making stuff up.