Likes Likes:  246
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions Box

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drickster View Post
    Another suggestion... any way to get the blog on Tapatalk? Also, I dont see the like function there either. I believe that was reported already but I'm nothing if not redundant....
    I believe the like function on Tapatalk is being addressed. And do you really want to blog on a phone. My gosh man that would drive me batty. I can barely type on it as it is.

2. Likes Strange liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    I believe the like function on Tapatalk is being addressed. And do you really want to blog on a phone. My gosh man that would drive me batty. I can barely type on it as it is.
    Blog.... No. Read blogs.... Yes!
    Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy
    Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time - JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day - Orient Pro Saturation Diver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doboji View Post
    Blog.... No. Read blogs.... Yes!
    Good point. I know nothing about the technicals. I'll put my best workers on this though.

Now where did they go.

Blog Entries
    Sadly at this point Tapatalk does not support vBulletin blogs. They keep talking about it but at this point they don't.
    The Like function is a Tapatalk issue and they are working on it. No results as yet. Gabe spent a lot of time before handing it off.
    The old Like feature we had on another forum is not available to us since the software vendor for that plug-in is now defunct. We are using one that is pretty popular in vBulletin but - in technical terms - Tapatalk is choking on it. That's all I can tell you as our junior techie - Gabe might be able to add more when he's available.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Tapatalk has come back to me with a couple of things to try, and I will get to them in the next couple of days. It looks like more of what I've already done, but at this point we have no choice but to go along with their suggestions. The problem is with their plug-in, not our site, and he did indicate that we're not the only ones with issues.

Just a bit bigger font and more background contrast will help me from wearing both my contacts and reading glasses at the same time please.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Can we combine the Lobby and the Lounge? Having both seems rather redundant.

I suggest removing notifications for posts you've liked - I know what I like!

Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    Can we combine the Lobby and the Lounge? Having both seems rather redundant.
    They are somewhat redundant now, but that will change over time. Currently, most of the new members are watch forum vets, many of whom know each other. So the Lobby is serving as a place for chat as people reconnect. But eventually that will shift and we will be getting more traffic from search engines and inexperienced members who are seeking help. The Lobby will give them a soft place to land and allow the staff and members to welcome them to IWL and get them directed to the best forum/resource to serve their interests. At the big sites, it is very common to see new members make a first post like "I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I need some help...", often with mods later moving the thread around to get it in front of the best audience. Conversely, one of the main complaints of seasoned members is the stream of noobs showing up and rehashing old questions or not taking advantage of the existing resources. So The Lobby can provide a benefit for both new and long time members.

11. Likes I-B liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I suggest removing notifications for posts you've liked - I know what I like!
    Unfortunately it's all or nothing with the notifications. We don't have granular control over what it does.