Likes Likes:  246
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions Box

Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    Unfortunately it's all or nothing with the notifications. We don't have granular control over what it does.
    No problemo!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    They are somewhat redundant now, but that will change over time. Currently, most of the new members are watch forum vets, many of whom know each other. So the Lobby is serving as a place for chat as people reconnect. But eventually that will shift and we will be getting more traffic from search engines and inexperienced members who are seeking help. The Lobby will give them a soft place to land and allow the staff and members to welcome them to IWL and get them directed to the best forum/resource to serve their interests. At the big sites, it is very common to see new members make a first post like "I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I need some help...", often with mods later moving the thread around to get it in front of the best audience. Conversely, one of the main complaints of seasoned members is the stream of noobs showing up and rehashing old questions or not taking advantage of the existing resources. So The Lobby can provide a benefit for both new and long time members.
    That's fair I suppose.

Well, here's hoping IWL gets there soon!

Military/pilot watch sub forum.

Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    Military/pilot watch sub forum.
    I think more traffic in Central is a good idea before we start segmenting, personally. Not such a strong opinion, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I think more traffic in Central is a good idea before we start segmenting, personally. Not such a strong opinion, mind.
    I don't disagree. However, merely surprised that there are brand forums and theme forums along the lines of price (e.g., affordables), but military/pilot is excluded. Seems rather... arbitrary?

The contrast is very unreadable. And using white background (as opposed to even gray or blue) makes it really hard on the eyes.

Also, a separate section for discussing politics and religion would be fantastic -- if we are looking to have adult conversations, that is. You could always enforce a moratorium in the rest of the forum.
    I prefer to see them as "metaphysical" topics.
    But so much the worse for those who cannot negotiate skillfully those treacherous turns of words / names to speak of the IDEA of the Absolute in terms of historical events and creations, and psychological realities.

I don't disagree. However, merely surprised that there are brand forums and theme forums along the lines of price (e.g., affordables), but military/pilot is excluded. Seems rather... arbitrary?
    Maybe a bit. It's hard to decide what to subforumise - there's a new word for you. You can spell it with a z if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Maybe a bit. It's hard to decide what to subforumise - there's a new word for you. You can spell it with a z if you like.
    Subfora help me diversify my trolling.

9. Likes jsw41, Strange liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolitano View Post
    I prefer to see them as "metaphysical" topics.
    But so much the worse for those who cannot negotiate skillfully those treacherous turns of words / names to speak of the IDEA of the Absolute in terms of historical events and creations, and psychological realities.
    What are you smoking and where can I get some?

Taxonomy is a noble science, that must be undertaken by noble minds.
    If you don't believe me, you can look up what Foucault said about it. (He used the term 'categories' but whateva.)
    And...
    When will the Brits learn to spell English verbs correctly?

12. Likes Strange liked this post