Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long is your honeymoon period with a new watch?

How long is your honeymoon period with a new watch?

As per my previous threads I am the happy new owner of a Bremont MB2. It has now been on my wrist 12 days straight and I haven't felt the urge to go to the safe and start rotating with my other watches.
    Part of me thinks I should as MrsO may come to the conclusion i only need one watch and others are superfluous.
    I have briefly tried on the nylon strap but I am sticking to the original leather, so have not fiddled with appearance or anything for nearly 2 weeks, unusual as I used to swap twice a day.

So my question is which watch has given you the longest honeymoon period when you have not felt the urge to rotate, or fiddle?

To update a previous post on accuracy it is running a total of 9seconds slow after 12 days.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Three days is the longest, when I got my Breguet Marine. It still gets a disproportionate share of wrist time, but I'm fortunate to have a number of watches I really like a lot, so it would be very unusual for me to wear the same watch more than two days in a row unless I'm travelling.

3. Likes MarkO, is that my watch liked this post
    This 'put to sleep' my other watches (except for an old Accurist that I used to wear when working in the garage), for about 4 years....
    Name:  MySMP01.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  221.2 KB
    ...until I bought this:
    Name:  AeroWrist.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  164.9 KB
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

5. Likes MarkO liked this post
    I usually go a week or two, mainly so I can judge accuracy.

My Vostok Amphibian Radio Room SE. Stayed on my wrist for several weeks in a row when I got it. Still one of my favorites.

depends some about a week some a day or so some five minutes and then off to be flipped or modified lol all depends

but even If I was to really like it a couple of days is the norm really like to have a choice of what to wear each morning new or old classical or modern
    one night I dreamed I was locked in my fathers watch, with Ptolemy and twenty one ruby stars mounted on spheres and the primum mobile coiled and gleaming to the end of space and the notched spheres eating each other's rinds to the last tooth of time and the case closed - John Ciardi ...

https://emgwatches.com/
    http://www.instagram.com/iyonk_strap/
    http://wristwatchreview.co.uk/

ЖИЗНЬ НЕ ОСТАНАВЛИВАЕТСЯ, ПРОХОДИТ ТОЛЬКО ВРЕМЯ.
    Russian Watches

My Doxa TUSA stayed on for a month.... still may favourite watch in the box
    Name:  tusabor.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  51.3 KB

10. Likes is that my watch, MHe225 liked this post
    Depends on the watch, but usually about 1-2 weeks. If it's a G Shock, maybe less (maybe not).
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Just finished polishing the lugs; never liked the brushed finish. Put a black leather band, and I must say I can't take my eyes off it.
    before

after

John
    If you come to a fork in the road; take it, and then put it down so someone else can use it.

13. Likes JAGtime, iyonk liked this post
    Happily unadjusted 😜 popoki nui's Avatar
    Usually anywhere from a few days to a week or two. Except these:
    Name:  King Diver3 copy.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  72.1 KB
    The King Diver went about six years on my wrist 24/7/365.

Name:  THCB steel1 2.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  71.3 KB
    This one made it a couple of months.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Hamilton Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen

Like IWL on Facebook!

15. Likes JAGtime, thewalrus, Uber, iyonk liked this post