Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long is your honeymoon period with a new watch?

How long is your honeymoon period with a new watch?

As per my previous threads I am the happy new owner of a Bremont MB2. It has now been on my wrist 12 days straight and I haven't felt the urge to go to the safe and start rotating with my other watches.
    Part of me thinks I should as MrsO may come to the conclusion i only need one watch and others are superfluous.
    I have briefly tried on the nylon strap but I am sticking to the original leather, so have not fiddled with appearance or anything for nearly 2 weeks, unusual as I used to swap twice a day.

So my question is which watch has given you the longest honeymoon period when you have not felt the urge to rotate, or fiddle?

To update a previous post on accuracy it is running a total of 9seconds slow after 12 days.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Three days is the longest, when I got my Breguet Marine. It still gets a disproportionate share of wrist time, but I'm fortunate to have a number of watches I really like a lot, so it would be very unusual for me to wear the same watch more than two days in a row unless I'm travelling.

3. Likes MarkO, is that my watch liked this post
    This 'put to sleep' my other watches (except for an old Accurist that I used to wear when working in the garage), for about 4 years....
    Name:  MySMP01.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  221.2 KB
    ...until I bought this:
    Name:  AeroWrist.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  164.9 KB
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

5. Likes MarkO liked this post
    I usually go a week or two, mainly so I can judge accuracy.

My Vostok Amphibian Radio Room SE. Stayed on my wrist for several weeks in a row when I got it. Still one of my favorites.

depends some about a week some a day or so some five minutes and then off to be flipped or modified lol all depends

but even If I was to really like it a couple of days is the norm really like to have a choice of what to wear each morning new or old classical or modern
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

My Doxa TUSA stayed on for a month.... still may favourite watch in the box
    Name:  tusabor.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  51.3 KB

10. Likes is that my watch, MHe225 liked this post
    Depends on the watch, but usually about 1-2 weeks. If it's a G Shock, maybe less (maybe not).
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Just finished polishing the lugs; never liked the brushed finish. Put a black leather band, and I must say I can't take my eyes off it.
    before

after

John
    If you come to a fork in the road; take it, and then put it down so someone else can use it.

13. Likes JAGtime, iyonk liked this post
    Usually anywhere from a few days to a week or two. Except these:
    Name:  King Diver3 copy.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  72.1 KB
    The King Diver went about six years on my wrist 24/7/365.

Name:  THCB steel1 2.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  71.3 KB
    This one made it a couple of months.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

15. Likes JAGtime, thewalrus, Uber, iyonk liked this post