Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swap's (swapsies )

Swap's (swapsies )

I'll swap yer

Just had an offer from a customer who bought a camera a year ago (Fuji CSC) think he was trying to dump it at just less than £300

He likes watches (not on the level that I like them , but he likes them), I like watches, I started to get into camera's and he did last year , but it never took hold with him... so he's wanting to get rid of the camera that he bought.

So I said in passing the other day as he was leaving , I might well be interested in it, if it didn't sell..

He emailed me today suggesting would I consider a swap

Well, I thought ... I've not really thought of it ... I do have a couple of Gerlach watches that simply don't get any wrist action at all !

I wonder ......
    Trouble is the Fuji is a different lens system to my recently acquired Pana, but still ... Two watches that don't get any action vs a barely used camera...
    Last edited by Seriously; Jan 14, 2015 at 07:06 PM.

I always like a bit of barter as long as you both are happy with the deal.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Yeah , I'm thinking two (They are a 'matching' contrasting pair) for the camera.

I'll have to ship him some pics over and see what he thinks, not sure what else I would swap....

A fair swap is no robbery...
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

5. Likes Seriously liked this post
    If both parties are happy, I say go for it.

Where's your brand loyalty?? Incompatible lens mounts! I mean, Seriously!

8. Likes Seriously, rfortson liked this post
    Can I start the "isn't the camera obsolete now we have smartphones?" conversation, in the same way we have all seen "camera" replaced with "watch" please?

If the deal makes you both happy go for it!
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    Where's your brand loyalty?? Incompatible lens mounts! I mean, Seriously!
    I know, I know, but it's going begging, and the watches don't get wrist time (for whatever reason) , works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangesport
    Can I start the "isn't the camera obsolete now we have smartphones?" conversation, in the same way we have all seen "camera" replaced with "watch" please?

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    I know, I know, but it's going begging, and the watches don't get wrist time (for whatever reason) , works for me.
    Then go swap your watch for 300 "pounds" worth of 4/3rds Panasonic lens

12. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSport View Post
    Not a huge camera guy, but smartphones have ways to go before they can even come close to your run of the mill DSLRs.

It's all good for your regular day-to-day shots, but anything more serious? A good camera with the right lenses are leagues ahead.

14. Likes Seriously, gnuyork, muddy250 liked this post