Likes Likes:  229
Page 77 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical Issues and Glitches - Report Here

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    seem when you click on it gives option to save which is good but was hoping to have it open in pdf format or other for them to look at then giving member choice to save or not

That’s how it works when I click on it.

2. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    seem when you click on it gives option to save which is good but was hoping to have it open in pdf format or other for them to look at then giving member choice to save or not

as some may not want to download files before seen whats in them ?
    That is controlled in the user's web browser. If you have a PDF viewer plug-in configured in your browser, it will open automatically, otherwise you have to download. There is no capability to open and display PDFs on the server side, nor would we want to due to security concerns.

4. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    That is controlled in the user's web browser. If you have a PDF viewer plug-in configured in your browser, it will open automatically, otherwise you have to download. There is no capability to open and display PDFs on the server side, nor would we want to due to security concerns.
    yes agree with that it was my concern too with the download option but sure member should scan any download any way as a norm

plus most I guess would have the plug in I would think ? so they could click to open which is what I was thinking all along so that should work maybe
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Hiya. Would it be much of a hassle to enable resizing images uploaded from links? (as opposed to the ones uploaded from the device, which I understand are resized no probs).

Our attachment settings apply no matter how the image is uploaded to the site. So if someone inserts an image using a link and checks the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box, it will be pulled from the other site and uploaded to our DB with our settings. If that box is not checked, it simply hotlinks the photo from the other site and will show it in whatever resolution it exists there. I could modify the code to permanently check that box and force all linked photos to be uploaded here, but that comes with it's own set of problems. The photo retrieval mechanism is quite picky and will throw an error when it doesn't like something about the remote photo, which occurs fairly often.

8. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Thanks Gabe, but would I get an 'image too large' message even if the mechanism doesn't like something else?

For example, when I posted this yesterday, I had to save the original image to my hard drive and only then upload to IWL. The original is located here: https://sturmanskie.ru/upload/iblock...f406c30571.png -- and when I tried to use this:

Name:  Screenshot_2020-07-15 Technical Issues and Glitches - Report Here - Page 77.png
Views: 99
Size:  24.6 KB

I was getting this:

Name:  Screenshot from 2020-07-15 16-35-14.png
Views: 101
Size:  33.4 KB

I'm getting the same results now, so at least on my config the issue is reproducible.

Those are the kind of odd errors I was referring to. The file does not exceed our file limitations, so I'm not sure why you are getting that error. Below are three images. The first one I downloaded to my computer and uploaded, the second I linked and checked the box (no size error for me though it took a long time), and the last is hotlinked. Unfortunately we don't really have any more control over things with vBulletin. If you encounter the error, my only suggestion would be to download the file and upload it from your computer.

Name:  34444c5769e987848886b0f406c30571.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  55.0 KBName:  34444c5769e987848886b0f406c30571.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  55.0 KB

Thanks for checking, and yep I figured this workaround, but was wondering if this was expected and could be fixed.

Now I thought this could be my 'anti-everything' plug-ins, but funnily enough, my other browser returns the error, too (not that it's all open for sites to mess around ):

Name:  Screenshot from 2020-07-15 16-50-42.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  34.7 KB

OK, did a bit more testing and reset all the attachment limits and things seem to be working better. I still get timeouts sometimes when trying to retrieve that file, probably due to the server being in Russia. Still possible that it won't work for all files and in those cases they'll need to be downloaded and re-uploaded from your device.

13. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Name:  34444c5769e987848886b0f406c30571.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  55.0 KB

Thanks, Gabe -- it's a detail but my experience will be greatly improved.

15. Likes OTGabe liked this post