Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: if no more posts i've forgotten i was a member

if no more posts i've forgotten i was a member

i have a password for a prog i use within the desktop - yesterday i used it a dozen times -i know it so well that i didn't give myself a 'hint' for it - today i don't have a clue what it is - normally all my passwords are an assortment of my dogs names -tried every which way i can and not happening - frustrating is not the word - looked up forgetfulness not to be mistaken for dementia and apparently all of these apply to me
    • Occasionally forgetting where you left things you use regularly, such as glasses or keys.
    • Forgetting names of acquaintances or blocking one memory with a similar one, such as calling a grandson by your son’s name.
    • Occasionally forgetting an appointment.
    • Having trouble remembering what you’ve just read, or the details of a conversation.
    • Walking into a room and forgetting why you entered.
    • Becoming easily distracted.
    • Not quite being able to retrieve information you have “on the tip of your tongue.” are commonplace

made me wonder if members can define another members age by the watches he displays on WRUW - not just one watch but when you have been around sometime and got to know to some extent the body of watches that member owns as i do with several guys on here

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    made me wonder if members can define another members age by the watches he displays on WRUW - not just one watch but when you have been around sometime and got to know to some extent the body of watches that member owns as i do with several guys on here
    Having read the main body of your post.... this last bit is obviously a byproduct of:

3. Likes shameless, popoki nui, vinylgreek liked this post
    i have a password for a prog i use within the desktop - yesterday i used it a dozen times -i know it so well that i didn't give myself a 'hint' for it - today i don't have a clue what it is - normally all my passwords are an assortment of my dogs names -tried every which way i can and not happening - frustrating is not the word - looked up forgetfulness not to be mistaken for dementia and apparently all of these apply to me
    • Occasionally forgetting where you left things you use regularly, such as glasses or keys.
    • Forgetting names of acquaintances or blocking one memory with a similar one, such as calling a grandson by your son’s name.
    • Occasionally forgetting an appointment.
    • Having trouble remembering what you’ve just read, or the details of a conversation.
    • Walking into a room and forgetting why you entered.
    • Not quite being able to retrieve information you have “on the tip of your tongue.” are commonplace

I think toddlers have the same problems.

John
    If you come to a fork in the road; take it, and then put it down so someone else can use it.

5. Likes shameless liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsw41 View Post
    I think toddlers have the same problems.

John
    maybe that has a direct correlation with the closeness of grandparents and their young grandchildren!

7. Likes CanadianStraps liked this post
    Ah Hell...don't sweat it!
    Since 1970 I carry a card with my Tel.#,'s, home, office, friends,etc....I was in a very bad helicopter crash in '69, numbers I knew b/4 the crash, I know...
    everything after, I can't remember.....I can't even remember my address! Thank goodness it's only numbers...

9. Likes shameless liked this post
    maybe that has a direct correlation with the closeness of grandparents and their young grandchildren!
    There is something to this, I think. Before becoming a teacher I had a vast vocabulary and could spell even obscure unknown words. I now have difficulty spelling my own name sometimes.

11. Likes shameless liked this post
    What?

13. Likes popoki nui, geoffbot liked this post
    Who are you again?

and can someone remind me again what this thread is about?

15. Likes shameless, popoki nui liked this post
    • Occasionally forgetting where you left things you use regularly, such as glasses or keys. - No, I know my wife moves my stuff all the time
    • Forgetting names of acquaintances...... - Only the ones I don't care about
    • Occasionally forgetting an appointment. - Nope; that's one thing smart phones are really good for
    • Having trouble remembering what you’ve just read, or the details of a conversation. - Sorry, could you repeat the question ?
    • Walking into a room and forgetting why you entered. - Not exactly, but walk into a room and get distracted (by my children) from what I went in for, all the time.
    • Becoming easily distracted. - Nothing new there, been like that my whole life
    • Not quite being able to retrieve information you have “on the tip of your tongue.” are commonplace - Worryingly, that one is becoming more commonplace

Only one thing for it:
    Name:  TM_NDS_DrKawashimaBrainTraining_enGB.png
Views: 741
Size:  70.4 KB
    Time to dust off the DS Lite
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

17. Likes shameless liked this post
    all is well again -a very nice Apple girl in the Republic of Ireland talked me thru it today ! think her name was Ashley , can't quite remember

19. Likes JAGtime, Little Big Feather liked this post