Likes Likes:  26
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Manual winder winding endlessly?

Manual winder winding endlessly?

A watch I've seen on ebay has this warning: "At time of listing watch is in working order, not timed for accuracy, i have noticed upon winding up, that it winds up without reaching a limit, not sure if this is normal or if there is an issue with it."

What are the possible problems here?

I'm presuming "working order" means only, "when I wind it up the second hand starts moving"

Mainspring might be bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Mainspring might be bust.
    Don't overwhelm me with technical jargon

4. Likes pepperami liked this post
    Lay the potential dispute evidence down in your ebay messages with him, ask him what he means by 'working order' casually, does it run all day ? couple of minutes ?, then you can have him it turns out to be junk (likely).
    Sounds like with the last part of his answer it he's trying to act numb by pleading ignorance.

Go in hard is my advice, lodge an ebay dispute in BEFORE you buy it !
    Last edited by Seriously; Jan 20, 2015 at 07:13 PM.

6. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    I thought I would get some technical verbiage here, before I started talking to them.

Given your plan for the watch, is it really such an issue?
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post
    Given your plan for the watch, is it really such an issue?
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    Since you're asking: because I want to tell the seller just how ferked his watch is, so that he adds the info to the ad and scares off other bidders

10. Likes scottjc liked this post
    Anyway this is the nice vintage forum here, so less of me and more about what might have gone wrong to cause the winding to be indefinite

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Since you're asking: because I want to tell the seller just how ferked his watch is, so that he adds the info to the ad and scares off other bidders

Sounds like a plan.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

13. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    more about what might have gone wrong to cause the winding to be indefinite
    Mainspring might be bust

15. Likes Martin liked this post