Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: if you had to pick from these four Vacheron Constantin.....

if you had to pick from these four Vacheron Constantin.....

.....which would you go for?

A - the dive watch

Name:  Screenshot_2015-01-13-18-16-41-1.png
Views: 238
Size:  310.6 KB

B - the tool watch

Name:  Screenshot_2015-01-13-18-19-21-1.png
Views: 216
Size:  475.1 KB

C - the dress watch

Name:  Screenshot_2015-01-12-09-48-00-1.png
Views: 221
Size:  405.4 KB

D - the WHAT!? watch

Name:  Screenshot_2015-01-12-09-50-27-1.png
Views: 220
Size:  473.6 KB

I love VC and if I could afford one of the big three, VC would be it but those are awful.

3. Likes dak, OrangeSport, M. Montaigne liked this post
    I would choose the most expensive of the bunch (assuming it was a gift ) sell it and buy a current Overseas chrono or a piece from Les Historiques collection.

5. Likes iyonk, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Yikes...

D I guess... every so slight amounts of vintage charm...

Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    I love VC and if I could afford one of the big three, VC would be it but those are awful.
    Yes yes and yes.

Put a gun to my head and I'll put on C the dress watch. The tool watch is sufficiently derivative that some seventies loving loon would wear it happily. The last watch I admire for being such a bad idea brought to such gloriously wasteful life. The diver is dogmeat.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerpac View Post
    Yikes...

D I guess... every so slight amounts of vintage charm...
    Would you stare intently at the centre of the dial and hope your peripheral vision was having a bad day? Also, be sure not to be wearing anything remotely loose knit, and don't run your hand through your hair

9. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Yes yes and yes.

Put a gun to my head and I'll put on C the dress watch. The tool watch is sufficiently derivative that some seventies loving loon would wear it happily. The last watch I admire for being such a bad idea brought to such gloriously wasteful life. The diver is dogmeat.
    I'd probably take D if I had to take one just because it is insane.

A is just too silver that if you get it into real light it would just be a silver disk on a strap. So it's only good for vampires. B would get some wrist time and seems like the only real option IMO. C might get a once a year wear to some event that you don't know anyone at. D is a great candidate to be tucked in the very back and bottom of your watch drawer never to come out again. It is truly hideous.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    A is just too silver that if you get it into real light it would just be a silver disk on a strap. So it's only good for vampires.
    Perhaps this version would be more muted?

I'll take A, has a bit of a Turn-o-graph vibe going
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

14. Likes Little Big Feather liked this post