Likes Likes:  10

Thread: I got the blues

I got the blues

Once in a while I spend some time trying to find the right shade of blue strap for the Magrette.The search has been ongoing for years so today I discovered my latest attempt actually matches my new Blue Puck so I have an answer to a question I wasn't asking.if anyone has a blue strap suggestion I will take it.I am not really a seller but this one is on the verge of being flipped

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Not what you were asking, but they look pretty good on black...

Name:  IMG_4686.JPG
Views: 88
Size:  340.7 KB

3. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Indeed - I would avoid the attempt to match blue with blue. It seems too much. Complementing muted shades work well when bright colors are involved. A very rustic weathered dark brown strap could work well I think, or black as Alan suggests. I would not want see a strap matching the watch with that bright blue color - too much blue - yet I think the dial of the Magrette is beautiful. Keep the watch and don't match the strap, that's my suggestion.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

5. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Robert is right... too much blue wont be a good thing (unless its a G-Shock) and it is hard to match the blue theme since blue has so many shades and hue..

i think you would be good if you could find some grey, black or khaki with some blue stitches for accent... light brown/tan also work well with blue dial.. as good as black like Alan suggestion..

here's a couple of my watches that i always want to put on blue leather, but at the end, it doesn't work, so i put them on brown and black...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

7. Likes Raza, skywatch liked this post
    I'm with these guys, I'd go with a nice brown leather strap. Something like this (Pic pilfered from the web):

9. Likes iyonk, skywatch liked this post
    Agree with others, keep away from a blue strap, brown, grey fine, would lift the dial.
    Mesh would work very well too. I've a satin finish Ti treated that's matt grey which adds depth unlike some polished bling.
    Di-Modell do a nice brown/grey shark that would work

Name:  BILD1874.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  55.7 KB

A brown or black iyonk with blue stitching.