Likes Likes:  12
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I get frustrated when……..

I get frustrated when I can't remember....ummm.....what?

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    Really? Such as?

Almost every car can be imported into the US, if it's not sold here.
    If it is over 25 years or on the exempt list or you can get it as a kit car (like a Caterham or Ariel Atom), sure but we can't get any Morgans except the three wheeler, any of a number of hot hatches like the Civic Type R, Megane Cup or new Sciricco, the Noble M600, now the new Lotus Exige S, the Holden utes, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

I get frustrated while packing the stuff of my youngest, Knowing I have to miss the girls for 7 nights before they are back at my place. 7 nights I can't kiss them good night. And in the morning she hugs me and tells me how she's going to miss me, with tears in her eyes. I know they will all drop by several times the coming week, and that the next week they're with me. Also that in just few days our other kids will be here again.
    But after almost 2 years, I still hate packing up their stuff so much, knowing I will have to miss them soon, something I've never ever wanted, even for just a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I get frustrated while packing the stuff of my youngest, Knowing I have to miss the girls for 7 nights before they are back at my place. 7 nights I can't kiss them good night. And in the morning she hugs me and tells me how she's going to miss me, with tears in her eyes. I know they will all drop by several times the coming week, and that the next week they're with me. Also that in just few days our other kids will be here again.
    But after almost 2 years, I still hate packing up their stuff so much, knowing I will have to miss them soon, something I've never ever wanted, even for just a couple of days.
    I sympathize with you. You are not alone in feeling these things. My kids are a bit older but its tough.
    Last edited by CamB; Jan 16, 2015 at 11:13 AM.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

5. Likes Martin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    If it is over 25 years or on the exempt list or you can get it as a kit car (like a Caterham or Ariel Atom), sure but we can't get any Morgans except the three wheeler, any of a number of hot hatches like the Civic Type R, Megane Cup or new Sciricco, the Noble M600, now the new Lotus Exige S, the Holden utes, etc.
    Civic Type R: http://www.autoblog.com/2014/12/15/u...engine-report/
    Lotus Exige S: http://www.gizmag.com/2012-lotus-exige-s/20816/
    Holden Utes: http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news...-the-usa-30053
    Scirocco: http://jalopnik.com/what-its-like-dr...ted-1505870268

And as far as I know, unlike the Exige which actually is not allowed to be imported because their airbag exemptions expired, there's no reason the Noble M600 can be imported, as long as you're willing to pay for shipping, customs, and taxes. And I think that's true for most cars. You can get them if you're willing to pay for them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    Really? Such as?

Almost every car can be imported into the US, if it's not sold here.
    It's a very expensive process if you want it to be road legal for more than 3,000 miles a year. Bill Gates had to create a computer model so the 959 could become road legal, else you need to spend a great deal of money ensuring the car meets U.S. standards, and then you need to provide something like 10 of them for crash testing.

8. Likes 93EXCivic liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    It's a very expensive process if you want it to be road legal for more than 3,000 miles a year. Bill Gates had to create a computer model so the 959 could become road legal, else you need to spend a great deal of money ensuring the car meets U.S. standards, and then you need to provide something like 10 of them for crash testing.
    I didn't say it wasn't expensive -- merely that it was doable.

This being the watch forum: when sales person at Breitling AD tells me, that Breitling invented automatic movement, watch with automated date and waterproof cases...

"Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of travelling." Margaret Lee Runbeck.

Savagely Average
    The dog will not stop barking

I get frustrated when……..

I go back to F2 at the other place. I expressed my opinion that I prefer the styling of old Rolexes to new ones and some one launched an attack on me calling me rice boy and asking why I didn't buy quality...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 93EXCivic; Jan 24, 2015 at 06:07 AM.
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum