Likes Likes:  72
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Black Sheep Thread

The Black Sheep Thread

Thanks to Der Amf's thread on, shall we say, interesting Vacherons, I can't get the idea of nominating other brand's ugly ducklings out of my head. In particular, I would love to see the mis-steps of otherwise respectable brands. Those watches that either (a) a brand would love to disavow if they could, or (b) a model that sticks out like a sore thumb from the rest of the brand's offerings. An example that instantly comes to mind: any Zenith Defy Xtreme model.

My rule for the nominees is simple. Blinged out versions of otherwise decent looking models are excluded--blinged out versions of already ugly watches may be acceptable. Almost any watch can be made hideous by throwing a lot of diamonds at it.

Here's the Vacheron that inspired this thread:

Name:  vacheron.png
Views: 455
Size:  473.6 KB

I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys can dig up. I have a feeling many of these watches have already been buried.

Rolling Stones Zenith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

3. Likes hayday, Henry Krinkle, FuzzyB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post

Rolling Stones Zenith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is grotesque.

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Great idea for a thread Fuzzy, and by extension, Der Amf. I know there are many who don't really care for any Rado, but as a fan of the brand I feel fully qualified in nominating this and feel others won't disagree. I present the worst watch Rado ever designed, the Xeramo.

Name:  ra4878.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  20.3 KB

6. Likes FuzzyB, JAGtime, Der Amf, jsw41, scottjc liked this post
    I had blocked that Zenith from my memory. I remember thinking that was the most half-arsed special edition every made when it came out. It's almost like they forgot that they were supposed to be coming up with a special watch and slapped the logo on at the last minute to make the deadline.

Henry, that is one awful Rado. And I defer to your wisdom in all things Rado.

Not cool Nomos, not cool

Name:  $_57.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  71.6 KBName:  1ade8c02245e544c1ab83b2ed679d56b.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  54.2 KB

What is it with the Rolling Stones and bad watch designs? I was trying to find a Seiko Galante model that I remembered being particularly turned off by and ran across this Baselworld 2012 release from Seiko.

Name:  seiko-rolling-stones-baselworld-2012-1-600x624.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  89.1 KB

Here's another contender from Panerai.

Name:  Panerai%u00252BLuminor%u00252B1950%u00252BSealand%u00252BYear%u00252Bof%u00252Bthe%u00252BGoat%u.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  95.4 KB

10. Likes Henry Krinkle, JAGtime liked this post

I saw this one just today and I know Ralph Lauren have been trying to make a name as a serious watch maker/designer but there are so many things here I dislike..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Well, someone was bound to post it here. Might as well be me.

Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!