16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Matt : certina

9 56.25%
  • iyonk's : seiko

7 43.75%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: **** M.F.S.I.I.T.W.I - Round Three ****

**** M.F.S.I.I.T.W.I - Round Three ****

Well we have been doing a more for a score - In It To Win It thread for the last couple of months so now all of the watches are in. We get to the fun bit of looking at them and voting ..

All comments are welcome voting is open to all for those who use tapacrap just say so in your post and who you want if you want to join in ... All are welcome as I say ..

There is going to be a mystery prize thanks to the kindly donation by Alan and of course the badge but think we mainly did it as a bit of fun and frolics ..

Round winners level 1 :

Round one winner: Crownpuller: Times ssq..
    round two winner: DJW : Luch 2209..

The rules well everything has to have rules

1 ) can only vote once whether by vote or post....

2) think we don't need any more do we

These threads will run for six days for voting Sunday - Saturday.. every Saturday the winner will be put forward and the not so lucky watch will be out...

And then on the Sunday a draw will be done for the next round and so on till all the first rounds are drawn then the winners will go head to head in random draws till there is only one .....

Then they get bragging rights gifts and badges galore .....

The two to be pulled randomly out the hat are in order of them being pulled is :

Matt : certina
    The beating heart of this hand finished confection is a superlative Cal.25.651 high beat automatic, lovingly enrobed in a thick layer of creamy Swiss brass, topped with pure sapphire crystal, and lightly strapped in IWL colours

movement shot was lost due to pb so net pic

iyonk's : seiko
    I visit the Kiosk after i post some straps today.. i paid 275000 Rupiah (roughly $21USD) for this used Seiko.. it is beaten up but running, it is not my cup of tea, i bought it to participate in this game and have an intention to gave away the watch to an old guy near my house..

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes iyonk liked this post
    well another good pull old over new both are great in different ways matt went to a lot of effort to get it looking good and it does , but am drawn to the 90's seiko for some reason not sure why just am so yes be fun to see this one
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

To be fair... that Certina should win! and you did excellent restoration that bring that beauty back to life Matt..
    Congrats Matt!
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

I think Lyonk and I might need to swap! My love of clean military dials is well known. As a result it's not hard to return the favour and vote for the Seiko.

6. Likes iyonk liked this post
    I like both, but that polished steel pebble does it for me.

8. Likes iyonk liked this post
    I'm a sucker for Seikos BUT I think in this dual the Certina does it for me

Sent from my Honor 5c

10. Likes iyonk liked this post
    hmmm tied at the minute well now I will have to think of something in case that happens when the vote close on one of these hmmm bribes are always nice way to solve these things
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

12. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    hmmm tied at the minute well now I will have to think of something in case that happens when the vote close on one of these hmmm bribes are always nice way to solve these things
    Could always give the win to the cheapest in case of a tie. Since the whole contest is hinged on price as it is.

14. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Could always give the win to the cheapest in case of a tie. Since the whole contest is hinged on price as it is.
    that is a very good idea but still like the bribe idea more
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I think Lyonk and I might need to swap! My love of clean military dials is well known. As a result it's not hard to return the favour and vote for the Seiko.
    as an appreciation for that lovely restoration job on the Certina.. if you win the competition with that Certina.., i'll make you a custom strap as an added bonus prize Matt .. sincerely wish you for the best mate...
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

17. Likes Matt liked this post