Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Marine Master 300 actual dive test in February 2015 Watch Time

Marine Master 300 actual dive test in February 2015 Watch Time

I try to keep people informed when a popular forum watch appears in a Magazine. Yesterday I received my February 2015 edition of Watch Time and saw the comparison test that includes actual in water dive evaluations that Watch Times started to do for divers a few years ago. The comparison is with a the Tudor Black Bay, MG Rasmus, Wempe Sport Diver and the Seiko MM300. As expected the 300 got high marks for the dial and hand set up and the ratchet dive extension. It was dinged for poor accuracy the huge variation between positions. Theirs was running between +/- 10-11 seconds/day (within Seikos claimed accuracy) with a high maximum deviation between positions. Their remark was on the order of it was within Seikos specs but nothing to write home about. Surprising to me is they felt the case and bracelet was easy to scratch. The magazine is on newsstands now and there is also an e-subscription available. Generally these become available on their site in a few months.
    Last edited by Samanator; Jan 19, 2015 at 12:26 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

The MM300.....got high marks for its clasp?

Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post

The MM300.....got high marks for its clasp?
    I know right? Against the competition though it was the only adjustable one. They also referenced like it was a new model, which I guess new to the US Market from AD here. They only review pieces available from US AD so the JDM get's ignored.
    Cheers,

Michael

4. Likes Domo liked this post
    For the black bay, I don't think the bracelet even has diver extension.

Quote Originally Posted by stockae92 View Post
    For the black bay, I don't think the bracelet even has diver extension.
    But they do come with a long NATO strap.
    Cheers,

Michael