Likes Likes:  138
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most worn watch 2014

Most worn watch 2014

Hey guys!

So I did a search and I couldn't find anything similar, sorry if there is!
    I was checking out Hodinkee last night and I found this really cool article on each contributors most worn watch in 2014 - http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/the-wat...-hodinkee-team

I thought it would be pretty cool if we did one as well!

Nomos Orion Datum

2014 was an amazing year for me as I got married!
    I didn't actually own a dress watch and I didn't particularly have much interest in them.
    I had known about Nomos ever since I bought Gene Stone's The Watch in 2008 or so, a beautiful book that tells the story of the '40 top watch brands'.
    But to be honest the stark simplicity didn't appeal to me and the size of 35mm was off putting.
    I was more into chrono's at the time but that faded until I was more attracted by simplicity.

Anyway time went by and then in 2013 I started to look at them again and finally landed on Worn & Wound's review of the Orion Datum - http://wornandwound.com/2014/03/21/n...-datum-review/
    It looked so gorgeous in the photos and this became a watch that I could see myself wearing.
    I ordered it without having seen it, I was a bit nervous but it really paid off!
    I absolutely love this watch! My Rolex has ended up sitting in the case sometimes for over a month.
    It is way more versatile than you'd think, people always want to take a look at it.
    It's stunningly simple and every part of the watch ties together so well to create something timeless.
    This is a watch that I can see my kids wanting as it'll probably remain as one of my favorites.
    Anyway I was so taken with it that I bought my wife a Nomos Erika as her Wedding present and now I'm definitely a big fan of the brand.

My Sub 14060M for sure. It's my default watch if I don't need a dress watch or something for really rough duties. I love not having a date to set, and the watch is pretty versatile. The dive bezel is so handy too. It gets used most days.

And with what I think is my wife's most worn watch:

G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

No surprise in my answer

Only two watches in my collection survived 2014, everything else got elbowed out the way. But even just in the last few months of the year this was consistently my most worn watch: as I go round my rotation, this one never misses its turn, and its turn is always the longest, usually 5 days at a stretch.

I bought it 14 months ago, when I was in the midst of having to spend an awful lot of money much more sensibly than I intended, as a belated birthday present to myself. I like all my vintage watches, but also like, in the midst of them, having something which is mine all mine.

Despite its size (42mm) it's a versatile watch, looking clear and straightforward during the day, and then glimmering and shimmering when the light drops, full of poetry. Sometimes it looks grand to me, other times quite plain and functional. I've never once felt tired of it.

Pretty sure this got more wrist time than anything else:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

My Helson has been my most worn watch for sure. I wear it a lot more than my Omega which makes me feel a little guilty but I love them both. Its just that the dive watch with presence is a great summer go to watch where i wear my Speedy and Visodate a lot more in winter.

Name:  DSC_0002-1.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  53.4 KB
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

Hmm that's a toughy. Would be a toss up between the 216570 Explorer II and the Pelagos. May have to give slight edge to the Tudor because I'm more likely to wear it in situations that it could get scratched etc and take off the Explorer for something like that.

Most worn of 2014 for me is .......

MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

8. Likes OrangeSport, popoki nui, CamB, Rusty liked this post

Most worn watch 2014

Hmmm,I think Pam 177 on rubber strap,it is light,versatile and comfy...even though I have more special watches but this is my general go-to watch since I bought it in April 2012

And I rarely take a wrist shot of this watch

10. Likes OrangeSport, CamB, Rusty, Dienekes liked this post
    That's easy. My 2012 Golden Horse

PC280680 by hankblanc, on Flickr

It generally gets a couple of days wrist time per week.

Probably this one, on various straps, which also shouldn't be much of a surprise:
    Name:  THCB box1 copy.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  86.6 KB
    Name:  THCBorange3 copy.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  83.0 KB

Eleven months of ownership, and I still love it like it was Day 1.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine